Brand new 05 WRX, Dash cracked for no reason, why?

This is a discussion on Brand new 05 WRX, Dash cracked for no reason, why? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just got out of my sisters 05 WRX, and her center surround bezel is cracked in two places. She ...

Brand new 05 WRX, Dash cracked for no reason, why?

I just got out of my sisters 05 WRX, and her center surround bezel is cracked in two places. She noticed this morning that her air freshner leaked, she went to wipe the center console and saw the two vertical cracks. They are on the bottom of the console that surrounds the 2 heater vents. I donít understand what happened. The plastic wasn't hit
    with anything, noone tried to pry it off. I donít believe the air freshner spilled and made it break, seems like it just bleached the console and the cdplayer where it spilled.

One thing that I see possible, yesterday was the first day of snow and cold in Chicago here. Because of cold temps, could parts of the car put more pressure on the plastic and crack it?

I am amazed at this whole thing, the car got just 2000 miles and is babied by my sister.

Is this a warranty issue?

What do you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

definantly a warrenty issue, take it to the daler and they should have it fixed in no time.
    '04 Aspen white 5 spd

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcin
    I just got out of my sisters 05 WRX, and her center surround bezel is cracked in two places. She noticed this morning that her air freshner leaked, she went to wipe the center console and saw the two vertical cracks. They are on the bottom of the console that surrounds the 2 heater vents. I donít understand what happened. The plastic wasn't hit
    with anything, noone tried to pry it off. I donít believe the air freshner spilled and made it break, seems like it just bleached the console and the cdplayer where it spilled.

One thing that I see possible, yesterday was the first day of snow and cold in Chicago here. Because of cold temps, could parts of the car put more pressure on the plastic and crack it?

I am amazed at this whole thing, the car got just 2000 miles and is babied by my sister.

Is this a warranty issue?

What do you think?
    Someone needs to explain to lil' sis that breaking in a car refers to the engine and not the interior via some hanky panky with her boyfriend

Quote Originally Posted by schischwein
    Someone needs to explain to lil' sis that breaking in a car refers to the engine and not the interior via some hanky panky with her boyfriend
    My thoughts exactly. Naughty lil girl.
    1997 Milano Red GSR GT32E powered, LSVTEC
    mo pOwA than ur subiE bicH! jk...but shess quikk

1997 milano red Civic
    SI wannabeeeee

LOL....but ....that is the guy's sister.