For those who have a PS2 in their WRX
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

This is a discussion on For those who have a PS2 in their WRX within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ive been thinking a lot about doing interior moods recently and putting in an LCD along with a Playstation 2 ...

  1. #1
    Registered User amukaoen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Aurora, IL
    Posts
    1,429

    For those who have a PS2 in their WRX

    Ive been thinking a lot about doing interior moods recently and putting in an LCD along with a Playstation 2 in the car.

    I know a lot of people have already done this, so I was wondering.. where the heck do did you decide to put it? O.o

    Im thinking inside the glovebox would be friggin awesome, but the glovebox is relativly small and it doesnt seem possible. Unless the newly designed PS2 is small enough..


    "Approximately 230 mm (W) 28 mm (H) 152 mm (D)"



    that leaves the only other option to be under the seat, which I think would suck cause I live where it snows... and ya... I dont wanna get my PS2 all wet.

    so ya.. where did you guys put it and what are some clever ideas (cause I know there are some really clever kids out there)
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    7
    dash (depending on size)
    glovebox(depending on size)
    center console (depending on size )

    that new ps2 is super friggen small i dont think you would have a problem wit hit on a glove box maybe a little bit of custom modding like a few cuts here and there

  4. #3
    Registered User Redline927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,516
    yeah if you can get away with putting it in the glovebox without it looking "hack" and ghetto

    do it. that would be teh win

  5. #4
    Registered User jimmy04wrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    181
    if i had the time, i would out one of the original ps2's in fold down arm rest in the back seat. the glove is still a little small for the new ps2. it opens up like a portable cd player so u gotta make room for that plus the controllers. some customization would definitely be in order.
    lightly modded with a hint of audiophile

  6. #5
    Registered User cannibal869's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Marina Del Rey, CA
    Posts
    467
    The old motorized tray would be nice under the seat... the newer one, with it's pop top lid, may be a little awkward if mounted underneath the drivers or passengers seat. I was thinking of this mod too - I have a 7" LCD screen that might just fit underneath the dashboard clock area and has a built-in TV tuner.

    Good luck if you go ahead with this.

    -C

  7. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Mpls, MN
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy04wrx
    if i had the time, i would out one of the original ps2's in fold down arm rest in the back seat. the glove is still a little small for the new ps2. it opens up like a portable cd player so u gotta make room for that plus the controllers. some customization would definitely be in order.
    my buddy did that to his 2002 bmw m5. in the rear fold down arm rest, the m5's came with a stitch. so the shop took apart the xbox and hooked it up to where the square part (front of armrest) the ejection was. it was pretty tight. lot of money, but nice idea.
    Midwest Auto Salon
    Apple Valley, MN

    My Stage IV WRX was totalled by a drunk driver. Fcuk him!

  8. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Hudson, OH
    Posts
    160
    Dude, compared to that controller, I think it would fit in the glove box. Correct me if im wrong, but thats like 9 inches long by 6 inches wide. I didnt know they made it that small. If not the trunk is the next best thing cuz under the seat will get messy, and I dont think it would look clean anywhere else. Also, this is kinda ghetto, but you could put it on the rear dash (or whatever you call it). Maybe a nice little custom holster back there? Might work, just imagining stuff in my head.
    Last edited by Adampops; 12-02-2004 at 01:53 AM.

  9. #8
    Registered User PhatWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    B.C.
    Posts
    223
    I have the old style PS2 and it fits perfectly under the passenger seat. It's just a little awkward to get to when changing CD's, but after a while you master doing it while sitting in the drivers seat. It is annoying when people sit in the back and kick it with their feet accidentally, but besides that nothing too bad has happened, and it's not like I have passengers back there all that often. It's also very stealthy underneath there as you can't really see it from outside the car. I have mine wedged in there and not permanently bolted down so I can remove it whenever I need to, it's really a perfect fit underneath, sits really snug and doesn't move around at all.
    03 WRB WRX

  10. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Mpls, MN
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by Adampops
    Dude, compared to that controller, I think it would fit in the glove box. Correct me if im wrong, but thats like 9 inches long by 6 inches wide. I didnt know they made it that small. If not the trunk is the next best thing cuz under the seat will get messy, and I dont think it would look clean anywhere else. Also, this is kinda ghetto, but you could put it on the rear dash (or whatever you call it). Maybe a nice little custom holster back there? Might work, just imagining stuff in my head.
    u talking about the xbox? the shop did it so only the eject tray came out out of the back center arm rest. they took it apart and wired it so when it was re insterted, itll play. it was tight too. wish he hadnt sold the car.
    Midwest Auto Salon
    Apple Valley, MN

    My Stage IV WRX was totalled by a drunk driver. Fcuk him!

  11. #10
    Registered User amukaoen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Aurora, IL
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by PhatWRX
    I have the old style PS2 and it fits perfectly under the passenger seat. It's just a little awkward to get to when changing CD's, but after a while you master doing it while sitting in the drivers seat. It is annoying when people sit in the back and kick it with their feet accidentally, but besides that nothing too bad has happened, and it's not like I have passengers back there all that often. It's also very stealthy underneath there as you can't really see it from outside the car. I have mine wedged in there and not permanently bolted down so I can remove it whenever I need to, it's really a perfect fit underneath, sits really snug and doesn't move around at all.
    I might actually try that instead of getting the newer PS2 and trying to somehow put it inside the dash. the ONLY thing im worried about is winter / when its raining.

    cause snow + rain + electronics = bad...very bad.

    so thats why I wanted to go with the glovebox. but then again... if I go with under the seat, I can just get a universal av cable and just swap the PS2 for an XBOX (Without having to rewire anything) or vice versa with no problem at all
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

  12. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    32
    The SLIM Ps2 fits in my o3 wrx perfectly i have my manual underneith of it and it sits at the perfect angle and its sick im gonna put mine there

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •