Subwoofer question - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Subwoofer question within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally posted by vrt.buddah i thought the stock deck didnt have rca preouts. so how are you guys wiring your ...

Originally posted by vrt.buddah
    i thought the stock deck didnt have rca preouts. so how are you guys wiring your amps to the deck? bridging the rear channels? just curious because I would like to keep the stock deck if possible while still adding a couple of JL 12"s.

-Matt
    silver 02 wrx
    Go to www.davidnavone.com and get a Line-Out converter. It steps down the speaker-level outputs and gives you RCA's for your amp input. I'd recommend the one with the adjustable level.

travis

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

For about $400 I'm going to be putting a Dayton Audio Titanic MKII in for about $150.00 from www.partsexpress.com. For the $250 left over for the amp I'd look at JL Audio stuff or a JBL Powervalve amp. You can get a JL Audio 250 watt subwoofer amp for $309. from www.onlinecarstereo.com or you could get a JBL Powervalve BP600.1 for $253.95 from www.mmexpress.com

Let me know if I can help you with anything else.
    Ari

P.S. There are always good deals on ebay also, but beware of who you buy it from.

Originally posted by JFHubbell
    I have a '02 WRX wagon with the "upgraded" speakers and factory sub-woofer. The system sounded like mud. I replaced all of the speakers but, for this topic, I specifically replaced the sub-woofer with:

Kenwood KSC-WA62RC powered sub-woofer (under driver's seat)

I used the wiring for the factory sub-woofer for the Kenwood unit. The Kenwood comes with a remote control to adjust the cross-over and gain/volume while you are in the driver's seat.

I'm very pleased with the sound improvement. Good luck with your mods.

Jeff
    Sounds like a cool setup. I wonder if one can attain the wiring harness for the factory sub without getting the sub itself. I'm sure you can find one... let me look around
    --Damon

'04 Black 1.8t GTI
    (O8o)===W===(o8O)

Well, after nosing around a bit on NABISCO.com (i-club.com) and you can't get just the wiring harness. Guess anyone who goes with that Kenwood KSC-WA62RC set up will have to buy it from someone who has a wiring harness sitting around. I tired though
    --Damon

'04 Black 1.8t GTI
    (O8o)===W===(o8O)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234