Subwoofer question - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Subwoofer question within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally posted by vrt.buddah i thought the stock deck didnt have rca preouts. so how are you guys wiring your ...

Originally posted by vrt.buddah
    i thought the stock deck didnt have rca preouts. so how are you guys wiring your amps to the deck? bridging the rear channels? just curious because I would like to keep the stock deck if possible while still adding a couple of JL 12"s.

-Matt
    silver 02 wrx
    Go to www.davidnavone.com and get a Line-Out converter. It steps down the speaker-level outputs and gives you RCA's for your amp input. I'd recommend the one with the adjustable level.

travis

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

For about $400 I'm going to be putting a Dayton Audio Titanic MKII in for about $150.00 from www.partsexpress.com. For the $250 left over for the amp I'd look at JL Audio stuff or a JBL Powervalve amp. You can get a JL Audio 250 watt subwoofer amp for $309. from www.onlinecarstereo.com or you could get a JBL Powervalve BP600.1 for $253.95 from www.mmexpress.com

Let me know if I can help you with anything else.
    Ari

P.S. There are always good deals on ebay also, but beware of who you buy it from.

Originally posted by JFHubbell
    I have a '02 WRX wagon with the "upgraded" speakers and factory sub-woofer. The system sounded like mud. I replaced all of the speakers but, for this topic, I specifically replaced the sub-woofer with:

Kenwood KSC-WA62RC powered sub-woofer (under driver's seat)

I used the wiring for the factory sub-woofer for the Kenwood unit. The Kenwood comes with a remote control to adjust the cross-over and gain/volume while you are in the driver's seat.

I'm very pleased with the sound improvement. Good luck with your mods.

Jeff
    Sounds like a cool setup. I wonder if one can attain the wiring harness for the factory sub without getting the sub itself. I'm sure you can find one... let me look around
    --Damon

'04 Black 1.8t GTI
    (O8o)===W===(o8O)

Well, after nosing around a bit on NABISCO.com (i-club.com) and you can't get just the wiring harness. Guess anyone who goes with that Kenwood KSC-WA62RC set up will have to buy it from someone who has a wiring harness sitting around. I tired though
    --Damon

'04 Black 1.8t GTI
    (O8o)===W===(o8O)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.