Subwoofer question - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Subwoofer question within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i thought the stock deck didnt have rca preouts. so how are you guys wiring your amps to the deck? ...

i thought the stock deck didnt have rca preouts. so how are you guys wiring your amps to the deck? bridging the rear channels? just curious because I would like to keep the stock deck if possible while still adding a couple of JL 12"s.

-Matt
    silver 02 wrx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thumbs up

I did the Infinity Basslink in my car this Saturday. It's a powered sub that uses speaker level inputs that I spliced into the rear door speakers. This thing is SWEET. Got it for $240 off EBAY. My install looks just like PunkWRXs. Takes up very little room and rocks the subie like a couple of 12s.

really to wrxinthehouse; where exactly in e-bay did you go for the sub, and have you stayed with the stock speakers? btw I'm in Denver as well, it'd be great to talk! jfwilfley

John,

In Ebay's search, just type in Infinity Basslink and you'll see a bunch of listings. I got a $500 (retail) sub for $240 and I love it. I live on Parker and Florida (Denver almost Aurora).

Unless I'm missing something, it can be bought new for $249 from www.uscaraudio.com I've read of people getting for as low as $229 shipped.

VV

Is the Subura Sub worth getting? Any other ideas for something better?

Vette Vert,

Yes, you are missing something. I have the clear basslink which normally costs 2X as much and probably sounds the same. Check out Car Toys.com if you doubt the clear basslink retails for about $500.

Whoa, I didn't mean anything by that comment dude, and I only mentioned it because more than one person talked about how high they were. Also, who in their right mind pays MSRP for stuff? And the clear version retails (MSRP) for the exact same price as the black version. I posted what I thought was a good deal...nothing more, nothing less. If it's not a good deal, then I'm sorry

VV

Originally posted by wrxinthehouse
    Vette Vert,

Yes, you are missing something. I have the clear basslink which normally costs 2X as much and probably sounds the same. Check out Car Toys.com if you doubt the clear basslink retails for about $500.

http://crutchfield.com/S-KyFasgp9sm1...earch=Infinity

Not to be a prick, but these two Basslinks aren't the same price. Not that it matters anyway. Thanks for posting a great link to a great price on a great powered sub.

I see that, and I realize that people aren't selling them for the same price, but msrp is the same:

http://www.infinitysystems.com/carau...ry.asp?Ser=BSL

Anyway, moot point, and I apologize. Is there a way to mount it other than drilling? Somehow me with a drill aimed at my car doesn't sound good

VV

http://crutchfield.com/S-KyFasgp9sm1...earch=Infinity

Not to be a prick, but these two Basslinks aren't the same price. Not that it matters anyway. Thanks for posting a great link to a great price on a great powered sub.

I can't really think of another way to mount the basslink besides drilling the 4 holes to mount the legs to the bottom of your trunk. As hard as this thing hits, I'm sure that any other way may rattle loose. Anyone have any alternative mounting ideas?

So it hits that hard huh. I'm wanting this thing more and more, but I seriously have to cut down on the expenditures for a while Did you silicone the area you had to drill, or do any other rust prevention measures? (they use salt A LOT on the roads here)

VV

I can't really think of another way to mount the basslink besides drilling the 4 holes to mount the legs to the bottom of your trunk. As hard as this thing hits, I'm sure that any other way may rattle loose. Anyone have any alternative mounting ideas?

How difficult is it to run the wires for the Basslink into the trunk?
    I have heard that little Infinity sub is absolutely amazing and I will be getting one someday. I have four MB quarts to install in the doors over my christmas vacation and the sub is next on my list of stereo mods.

-Jim

Vette,

No, I didn't silicone it, but I really should. They mostly use sand here and some new icemelt stuff, but just to be safe I should. It does hit really hard, but isn't super loud outside the car . Only problem now is that I notice how crappy the front speakers are (cause the sub sounds so good), and now I want to upgrade them (amp and front speakers).

Platinum,

The power wire was easy, I just ran it beside the seat and under the plastic sills all the way up to the grommet in the firewall. The speaker-level inputs were a little harder just because you have to take off the door panels and splice into the rear speakers. The hardest part was getting the Infinity's speaker wires through the rubber loom thing that goes from the frame to the door. VERY clean install though. The sub will make a great addition to those MB quartz speakers.

-Cliff

Cool

All Alpine Gear
    Only the best

CVA-1005 Monitor/TV
    G311 digital equalizer/processor
    Front DDrives Flag ship split
    Rear DDrives Flag ship two way
    SWR-304D x2 subs sealed
    MRV1005 2 x 150 (2 x 330 WRMS actual)
    MRV505 4 x 50 (4 x 120 WRMS actual)

Won best sound quality run by official event