HU Pocket

This is a discussion on HU Pocket within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys Where did you guys get the pocket that goes under your head unit. I don't have any stereo ...

HU Pocket

Hey guys
    Where did you guys get the pocket that goes under your head unit. I don't have any stereo shops close to me so i have to order one off of the net. Links would be great. Thanks a bunch.
    Mark

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

subaru dealership. just ask if they have any laying around, they might give it to you. if not, order the legacy din pocket. it has a nice cover on it
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

i have one that is from a legacy and it has a door that opens and closes to cover the pocket. i just received it brand new last week, but i decided to go a different route so i didnt install it. direct fit for a WRX, not sure about other cars. worst case scenario you have to drill new holes in the metal bracket where you are mounting it.
    its yours for $25 shipped if you are interested. they are $35 from the dealership on special order. the door is black, i'll send pics if you want .
    thanks,
    bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

one from the forrester will fit too, but you have to drill new holes to mount it.
    it's a different shade of silver, but matches my alpine 9827 pretty closely.
    $25 from the dealer

Quote Originally Posted by bluerex47
    subaru dealership. just ask if they have any laying around, they might give it to you. if not, order the legacy din pocket. it has a nice cover on it
    I ordered the forester one thinking that it was the same color as the wrx interior, when it came it wasnt. So the guy said he had and extra legacy one laying around and he just gave it to me.
    Josh
    '04 WRX
    PM me about Porting and Polishing!
    www.grimmspeed.com
    www.mnsubaru.com