which 2 gauges to use
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on which 2 gauges to use within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was thinking about getting one of these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=40017 I do not have a boost gauge so of course i ...

which 2 gauges to use

I was thinking about getting one of these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=40017

I do not have a boost gauge so of course i will get one of those. So what is more importaint oil pressure or air 2 fuel ratio, or should i just get one of the 3 ones that go on the dash or in the a-pillar. Tell me what you guys think

thanks,
    Marc

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You don't need air/fuel unless you are doing your own tuning, really. Get the oil pressure.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

or you might want to look into getting an EGT/Pyrometer gauge. messures the exhaust gas temps.
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

I see no use in measuring the exhaust temp, why drill holes in things to see something you cant change.

someone enlighten me

I always thought if your exhaust temps are much higher than they should be, it could mean detonation. Am I off base w/ that thought?
    I'm TheBoostCreep, and I approved this message.

The general consensus on this, or the general practice is boost and egt and for a third it is toss up between oil pressure and oil temp...

Quote Originally Posted by Panic
    The general consensus on this, or the general practice is boost and egt and for a third it is toss up between oil pressure and oil temp...
    Oil pressure, so you know if you're about to blow up your motor or not.

thats what i was thinking. Im pretty confident on how to hook up the boost guage, now i need to learn how to do the oil pressure.

I haven't hooked one up before, so you may want to ask this in a new thread to get your answer quicker.

boost and egt. If you have stock pipes then don't bother getting the egt. My pipes come with a wire that I just connect with no drilling. I don't know what you have done to your car but what ever.
    96 Honda Integra Type R
    97 Jeep Grand Cherokee (DD)
    02 Subaru WRX (sold)
    www.HirevImports.com
    Brandon@HiRevImports.com

its completely stock right now. except for stereo . Im goin to cobb stg 2 when i get back from vegas around january. I plan on getting the MadDad downpipe with 3CE and a cat back, im trying to keep it all together around 1500-1600 i got it right now at 1508(shipped) if i go with the bosal cat back. Im just wondering how it will sound. I dont want horribly loud but I want to hear the deep rumble better.

If you don't want loud, don't get the Bosal. Go for TurboXS version one or Borla Hush.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.