HVAC bulbs
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on HVAC bulbs within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; was doing my HVAC mod and now i need 3 new bulbs cause the stock ones wont lite up. so ...

HVAC bulbs

was doing my HVAC mod and now i need 3 new bulbs cause the stock ones wont lite up. so does anyone know where i can find replacments besides the dealership that sells them for 8 dollars a bulb. thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User GetawayInBouldr's Avatar
    autolumination.com
    ~ Silver Wagon Club ~

by anychance do you know the exact size? i dont know if the bulb can be pulled out of the little black socket thing but i believe the socket thing is nto making contack to something keeping it from lighting up.

The bulb should come right out of the socket. Sometimes it takes a pretty good tug, but it'll come. I actually grabbed the bulb with a pair of needle nose plyers (carefully) and yanked it out, which tore the bulb condom in the process. You should try pulling the bulbs out and playing with the them a bit to make sure they are making a good connection with the socket. It is very unlikely that all 3 bulbs went out at the same time. It is more likely that a fuse blew or they aren't making a good connection. The size bulb my WRX HVAC takes is 194. Click here. I'm not 100% positive it's the same size in the STi, but I think it is. Double check the size with your dealership if you do end up ordering some new bulbs.

What HVAC mod are you taking about? Are you changing the color of the bulbs or are you doing something different?
    ~ Silver Wagon Club ~

i have 4 bulbs, 1 works so i tested it by switching places with the ones that went out and it still lights, the bulb is inside some black casing or something where when you remove the bulb you go from the back and use a phillips and twist it and pull out. it doesnt look like a 194 to me more like a 74 inside a tube.

Doh! Sorry man, it is a 74. Somepeople were cutting the 194's to fit into the sockets that take 74's, but it didn't really produce any more light than the 74's.

In my WRX, the HVAC takes 2 bulbs size 74 and I put two red bulb condoms on them to make the red appearance, but it came out more red-orange.

It sounds like to me you have a different setup than I do. Got a digi cam? Try and take some pictures and post'em up if you can.
    ~ Silver Wagon Club ~

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.