Gauge install
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Gauge install within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was going to get a boost gauge and eitheir a oil pressure or egt gauge. I read that installing ...

Gauge install

I was going to get a boost gauge and eitheir a oil pressure or egt gauge. I read that installing a egt gauge is a ***** as you have to drill the manifold. Whats involed in installing oil pressure gauge.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

For the EGT, I'd recommend just taking off your driver-side exhaust manifold and taking it (via another car, obviously) to a muffler shop. I'm gonna take mine to Meineke in the next couple of weeks to have them drill/tap it for my EGT probe. I don't wanna fool with doing it myself. I don't have the tools for it or the experience.
    I'm TheBoostCreep, and I approved this message.

I think I'll give the EGT a miss.

you can put hte EGT in your downpipe. the temp w/ be a little lower but then at least there's no risk of the probe breaking and flying into your turbo.

i beleive the correction is 200 degrees F. so if you're seeing 1200degs, you're at 1400 at the maniold. the info is somewhere on the site. i'll run a couple searches and see if it turns up.

dR

Quote Originally Posted by dark_rex
    you can put hte EGT in your downpipe. the temp w/ be a little lower but then at least there's no risk of the probe breaking and flying into your turbo.

i beleive the correction is 200 degrees F. so if you're seeing 1200degs, you're at 1400 at the maniold. the info is somewhere on the site. i'll run a couple searches and see if it turns up.

dR
    agreed. that is where i have my EGT probe installed. i didnt wanna mess with removing my exhaust manifold.
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

If you are comfortable drilling holes into metal you can drill it yourself. I used a cordless drill and a slow and steady hand. Drilling into your manifold sounds pretty scary, but if you take your time to do it right you'll be o.k. The hardest part of the instal was taking the manifold off and putting them back on as well as routing the wires. Drilling and tapping was the easy part, just take a little patience.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.