how difficult is it to install a in dash DVD monitor in a wrx?

This is a discussion on how difficult is it to install a in dash DVD monitor in a wrx? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i got a Eclipse AV8022 that i want to install in my bottom DIN, i figure that if i buy ...

how difficult is it to install a in dash DVD monitor in a wrx?

i got a Eclipse AV8022 that i want to install in my bottom DIN, i figure that if i buy a wire harness, it shouldnt be to dificult, but the head unit is kinda separate, so i would have to find a place to install that, and im not sure i wanna take out the driver side seat, and console.

can any one kinda give me a idea of what im looking at, to getting this installed, i have installed CD players in cars before, but no cars this new, i'm just wondering, if its worth $150 to take it to CarToys and let them do it...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

if you want a heads up on an indash monitor installation there's more to it than just plugging in the harnesses. Since it's playing dvd and such. My friend tried it before and it didn't turn out too good on his 03 TL so my recommendation is to let cartoy install it for you so if they mess up you get covered.