Trick to try on your Radar detector

This is a discussion on Trick to try on your Radar detector within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so i was driving home tonight and my V1 laser alert kept going off in the middle of nowhere. thought ...

Trick to try on your Radar detector

so i was driving home tonight and my V1 laser alert kept going off in the middle of nowhere. thought i was maybe a chevy SUV or something. nope it was my remote for my Alpine headunit. i verified that it was the remote because i could have the arrow point forward or to the rear depending on which sensor that i aim it at.

this might explain some of the false alerts that some people are getting.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

never thought about that, good info.

You actually use the remote?

The only time I ever use it is when we're chilling out with the car parked nearby and I can listen to music with it.
    13.2 @105 with the old auto. Now rockin a 4.44 standard tranny.

i feel that it is safer when i use the remote.

Quote Originally Posted by GTScoob
    You actually use the remote?

The only time I ever use it is when we're chilling out with the car parked nearby and I can listen to music with it.

I use my remote all the time for a few reasons.

1. I keep it in the cup holder behind the e-brake. I don't have to reach for it like I do w/ the head unit.

2. It is easy to memorize the button pattern w/ my thumb.

3. If I ever sell the stereo, the face will have zero wear and tear on it.

4. I'm a dork.

Later, T.J.
    200,000 mile club.

Old Irish adage: "Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege."

I finnaly took my wistler radar detector out of my Integra because every time I would hit boost It would go off like crazy.

you know the cops have an instant on speed detector? my brother has a v1 and still got a ticket. cops in mn havre a new radar where they set it to a certain speed and only goes off when the car passes. so it cant detect that its on, once it goes off, the **** goes crazy but, already the haters are in ur rearview mirror. he also tried to see if there was an update for the v1, there is but he has the latest model.
    Midwest Auto Salon
    Apple Valley, MN

My Stage IV WRX was totalled by a drunk driver. Fcuk him!

Zem
    Goddamn I hate Chevy SUVs.

They seem to enjoy hitting their brakes as often as possible...
    Let justice be done though the heavens should fall.
    -John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by J o H n N i
    you know the cops have an instant on speed detector? my brother has a v1 and still got a ticket. cops in mn havre a new radar where they set it to a certain speed and only goes off when the car passes. so it cant detect that its on, once it goes off, the **** goes crazy but, already the haters are in ur rearview mirror. he also tried to see if there was an update for the v1, there is but he has the latest model.

i got caught with one of those coming down from the rockies in oregon. i was in my brothers VR4 at like 12 am and we see this small red light turn on as i got kinda close and then when i passed i saw him turn on his car in my mirror and i was like "poop"

yea, radar detectors are now poop from 2004 and on. even tho v1 will pay for the ticket (thats their guarantee thing, get a ticket with a v1 theyll pay for it). i want to know if anyone has that in dash radar detector at bmw motorwerks. 1500, built in ur dash and can used for any car. ill try to find a link.
    Midwest Auto Salon
    Apple Valley, MN

My Stage IV WRX was totalled by a drunk driver. Fcuk him!

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    The best cop defender and ticket nullifier is your right foot. What makes it so much more appealing is also that it costs nothing to utilize it properly, meaning obeying local vehicle codes, speed limits etc..., but can be outfitted with the latest trends in fashion from Footlocker, Neiman Marcus, or QVC.

Just giving you all a hard time. But if you drive responsible, you won't get harrassed, and if you do get pulled over, remember that the guy/girl in uniform is just like you except that they have to wear that funny outfit to work every day, and deal with real PITA's every day.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.