Viper 791XV install

This is a discussion on Viper 791XV install within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I live overseas in Germany where I can't get anyone to install a Viper 791XV on my 02 WRX Wagon ...

Viper 791XV install

I live overseas in Germany where I can't get anyone to install a Viper 791XV on my 02 WRX Wagon so I am gonna do it myself. What I need to know is what other parts I'll need in additionto the ones listed below

Battery Backup 520T- Is this all I need?
    Fail Safe Starter kill- What is required for this?
    Audio Sensor 506T-Is this all I need?
    Hood Lock 565T-Is this all I need?
    Dome light supervision

Also I've got wiring directions from other threads for a 03 and just wanted to know if they are the same as an 02 WRX.

Any help would be appreciated since I'm kinda here without any local support. There is a local viper installer but there is a little bit of a language barrier.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

alarms are useless dont even bother. get a lojac or what ever they have in Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by slothy2020
    alarms are useless dont even bother. get a lojac or what ever they have in Germany.
    I'm getting it more for the Remote start and built in turbo timer and figured I'd make it a complete install while I was at it.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    I've got the Clifford 3.5RS. Same as the Viper 791, except it's a carbon fiber remote. Anyway, the box comes with everything except connectorrs. All you need is a soldering gun, solder, and good electrical tape as well as shrink tube. You'll also need a printout of all the wires, let me know as I can email it to you. The hood lock is redundant, as the alarm already has a hood pin switch that kills the motor if triggered. It's up to you though. Also, the back-up battery is a temporary add-on. It needs to be replaced about every 18 months, if you have it, use it, if not get a few piezo sirens and put them in the dash. Those are a real PITA for anyone trying to mess with your car.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by ej20fan
    I've got the Clifford 3.5RS. Same as the Viper 791, except it's a carbon fiber remote. Anyway, the box comes with everything except connectorrs. All you need is a soldering gun, solder, and good electrical tape as well as shrink tube. You'll also need a printout of all the wires, let me know as I can email it to you. The hood lock is redundant, as the alarm already has a hood pin switch that kills the motor if triggered. It's up to you though. Also, the back-up battery is a temporary add-on. It needs to be replaced about every 18 months, if you have it, use it, if not get a few piezo sirens and put them in the dash. Those are a real PITA for anyone trying to mess with your car.
    Any info you could e-mail would be great. Also, do I need any additional relays for the starter interupt etc...?

Can anyone give me some tips on this install? Wiring diagrams, neutral wire location...Also, do I need to wire in a diode on the neutral sensing wire when it's tied to the hood pin switch? If so, what part is it and where can I get one? Also, how do I bypass the clutch and what parts are needed? I know, lots of questions but I'm kinda here on my own and need all the advice i can get. By the way this is going on a 2002 WRX.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    PM me your email, I'll make sure to send you the wire diagram. It has notes on things to look for during the install, but it's pretty easy. Make sure that you have plenty of time though. If you've never done an alarm before, this may take as long as two days.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

Registered User GetawayInBouldr's Avatar
    I paid a buddy to install my 791 and I don't know the first thing about installing alarms. But I did find some very useful information here and here. Remember, take your time and double check everything! My buddy is an experienced installer and it took him 8 hours to get everything done. Good luck with the install. You'll LOVE the funcionality of remote start and the built-in turbo timer!
    ~ Silver Wagon Club ~

Someone on this thread said that he wired the neutral wire directly into the blk/wht DEI wire (neutral safety input) and it worked. Why is everyone else rigging it through the hood pin input?