• GReddy CounterWeight

2 22.22%
  • GReddy Lightweight

0 0%
  • GReddy Billet CNC style

1 11.11%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Help me choose a shift knob!!! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Help me choose!!! GReddy Counter-Weight Shift Knobs GReddy brings true high performance to your manual transmission shifter. Being twice as ...

Help me choose a shift knob!!!

Help me choose!!!

GReddy Counter-Weight Shift Knobs

GReddy brings true high performance to your manual transmission shifter. Being twice as heavy as most conventional shift knobs, allows for an easier lighter touch for shifts and a more precise shifting feel. (13.5oz) It has a classic black-chrome finish and comes with three different colored shift badges (standard 5-speed pattern) / $40

GReddy Super Light Shift Knobs

This shift knob is super light and inexpensive. Made from White Delrin plastic, it weighs only 2oz. That is about 1/3 of most convetional knobs. The white ball shaped knob also comes with three GReddy shift badges. (standard 5spd H pattern, Red, White & Blue) $25

GReddy Aluminum Shift Knobs

Originally these shift knobs were designed for TRUST/GREX sequential transmissions. Now you too can feel the preciseness of our billet CNC shift knobs.
    OEM style screw type makes installation simple and mounting secure. Each application is offered in red, blue, or white shift emblems./ $40

Kartboy
    For the extra bit of style and performance, add a Kartboy Shift Knob to your Kartboy Shift Lever (works with the stock lever as well.) This computer designed and CNC turned Aluminum knob fits the hand with comfort, but allows a firm grip for crucial shifts. No set screws or cheezy adapter sleeves to add, it is internally threaded. For the ultimate in compatibility, a groove is included to hold up the shift boot. There are two colors available, a natural clear anodize and midnight black anodize. To top it all off, a tasteful Kartboy Shift Pattern logo is added. Made in USA. $40

Prodrive
    Prodrive Shift Knobs screw on in replacement of the stock leather knob. This knob come in either a blue top or black top. The entire knob is polished aluminum. It has the Prodrive "P" stamp on the top for style. $70
    Last edited by SonicYellowWRX; 08-27-2002 at 12:56 AM.
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I say no to all of these choices. Get a Momo Race Air Leather. They are perfectly weighted and have a great feel, plus, it matches the steering wheel.

-Jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails momo_everywhere.jpg  

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    I say no to all of these choices. Get a Momo Race Air Leather. They are perfectly weighted and have a great feel, plus, it matches the steering wheel.

-Jim

I don't have that one, but I agree. Great knob! ( . )( . )
    ----------------------------------------
    '02 Blue Sportwagon
    No mods - yet
    Starting with the rear sway bar and anti-lift kit...one day....I have faith

I've heard of fitment problems. Are these just rumors?

misterx

Originally posted by MisterX

misterx
    Talk to Toulman here, he has one, at it fits great. It was the first time I actually saw one installed, and he seems to have worked out the details.

Which Momo knob do you have Tim, if you are reading posts?
    ----------------------------------------
    '02 Blue Sportwagon
    No mods - yet
    Starting with the rear sway bar and anti-lift kit...one day....I have faith

Originally posted by MisterX

misterx
    It will fit great on the stock or STi shifter. I do have minor fitment issues (the trim ring) with the Kartboy SS. The Kartboy is a large diameter shifter, so I had to remove some material from the hole in the trim ring to make it fit. It's a PITA with a Dremel, but easy as pie on a lathe.

-Jim

yep, i have it, fits great, I left the bottome trim ring off and just pulled the boot up over the threads for the trim ring, I have a post with a pic somewhere on here. I have no probs with it at all. Beats the snot out of that "piston" STi shifter.

-T
    '02 Sedan Black (MT)

Well, I kinda want one that screws on like oem and has a groove for the shift boot... I'm pretty sure all the ones I listed do.
    Last edited by SonicYellowWRX; 08-27-2002 at 12:23 PM.

i got an ichibahn <-- i think that's how you speel it..and it slides over and screwes tight and the boot slides over perfect...it also comes with 3 rubber sleeves that go over the shifter so when you screw it in it doesn't scrape the metal

Originally posted by SonicYellowWRX
    Well, I kinda want one that screws on like oem and has a groove for the shift boot... I'm pretty sure all the ones I listed do.
    Yeah, not a bad idea, but the set screw ones actually stay in place better and fell more solid, IMO.

The only thing is, you need a die to fix the threads because the set screws with mash the thread in three places.

It's a shame nobody makes an adapter out of Delran over on i-club...

-Jim

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX

It will fit great on the stock or STi shifter. I do have minor fitment issues (the trim ring) with the Kartboy SS. The Kartboy is a large diameter shifter, so I had to remove some material from the hole in the trim ring to make it fit. It's a PITA with a Dremel, but easy as pie on a lathe.

-Jim
    mine fits fine. you just have to make sure you have it on perfectly straight with the allen screws before the trim ring sits in the threads nicely (i have the KB SS too)

dR

Originally posted by SonicYellowWRX
    i was pretty sure they didn't. not 100% sure though. i don't think any of the aftermarket knobs have the plastic ring for the boot. the MOMO's definitely don't thread on, but they push on very securly, i've had mine for 8 months, and not problems.

dR

hmm... well the ones I listed all are supposed to be threaded and have a ring for the shift boot... i guess I'll just try out one of the GReddy ones, I can get those for the best price...

correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't the kartboy shifter know fit on the kartboy short shifer?? if so then why don't you just get a short shifter and the knob at the same time to kill 2 birds with 1 stone

Both the KB SS and the stock shifter are threaded the same as our lug nuts. The KB SS is a Subaru-specific design. Any Subaru-specific knob will thread on to either shifter.

-Jim

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.