Problem with Greddy Electronic Boost install...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Problem with Greddy Electronic Boost install... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Installed my Greddy electronic boost and electronic EGT gauge the other day. I know the gauge is getting power, because ...

Problem with Greddy Electronic Boost install...

Installed my Greddy electronic boost and electronic EGT gauge the other day. I know the gauge is getting power, because at night when I turn on my lights....they both light up. I'm not worried about that part.

However.....I'm getting no activity on the gauge None whatsoever. I've included a crude diagram of the hose routing in my engine bay for reference. Basically, the vacuum hose that WAS running to the stock gauge - I just unplugged that hose from the T-fitting for my AVC-R and ran the hose that came w/ the Greddy unit from that T-fitting to the little sensor that mounts in the engine bay.

Hopefully this diagram will make it clear how I set it up. Can someone tell me if I'm totally off-base with this? I don't think I am......but I really don't know why I'm not getting activity on the gauge (unless the sensor is bad or something - I did buy it used).

Thanks for any tips/advice you can give me!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails boostwiring.jpg  
    I'm TheBoostCreep, and I approved this message.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

No thoughts?

I was just thinking something...

My friend did the wiring for the gauges. He just took out the factory mechanical gauge, clipped the yellow and black wires off, and spliced the Greddy boost wires into those. Everything I've read says to splice into the clock wiring harness, though.

So......by doing that, did he splice into a wire for lights (which work)....but no wire to power the gauge?? If we re-do the wiring tomorrow and splice into the clock harness.....do the colors match up on the clock harness to the Greddy wires?

Anyone familiar with this install at all? Really want to get this thing working and not just lighting up

Thanks for all the help, TheBoostCreep! Got it working today. Turns out the black wire - universal color for "ground" wire - was a power wire on my particular car Once we determined this, we re-wired it and now I have working gauges

Again, I appreciate all the help that was provided. Couldn't have done it without ya!

Zem
    hahaha... sorry I missed this thread entirely. As soon as I read "I know it has power because the lights come on" I thought "No, you know the lights have power"..... sorry again, I just didn't see it.
    Let justice be done though the heavens should fall.
    -John Adams

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.