Kick Panels in 5mt
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Kick Panels in 5mt within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey, I wanna get a 3-way speaker system and was wondering if anyone had any advice on getting/making kick panels ...

Question Kick Panels in 5mt

Hey, I wanna get a 3-way speaker system and was wondering if anyone had any advice on getting/making kick panels in my 03 5mt... If ne1 has any pics, please post them.
    '03 Aspen white rex

-Infinity Kappa Perfect 12D VQ running on a MTX audio 420D.
    -Kicker SS components (6.5") running on a hifonics saturn a4000
    -60 sq. ft of edead v1.2se

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

your best bet is to get a template or your kicks. try to borrow someones two-way kicks and build with that and glass it. if you have a 7 or 8 inch driver, you might have to make a huge spacer for the doors.thats the only way i can think of doin it. let me know how u do it or what route u go
    lightly modded with a hint of audiophile

It's been many years but I think that the company is Q-forms. They usually have custom kick panels that hold mids and tweets.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by zoinks
    It's been many years but I think that the company is Q-forms. They usually have custom kick panels that hold mids and tweets.
    True, the company is called Q-forms, but no kick for your Suby . You'll have to make your own. It's very difficult, I know you're considering the Focal 3 way, but let me steer you away from it. The reason is that unless you're willing to shell out a few grand on correspondingly good headunit and amps, these will not sound better than the Kevlar or Planet Audio systems which are much cheaper. Furthermore, time allingment and proper tuning will make or break your system in this case as well, so unless you have an RTA, if you have to ask what that is... don't try this, or know of a VERY reputable shop, you're better off getting a less expensive speaker, upping [sic] the amps, and headunit instead. The 3 way need a minimum of 150watts RMS per channel. I recommend 200. That is a lot of juice that your amp has to make, and do so very clean. I know you're also working on a budget, which is why I recommend that you do not pursue this, as you just don't have enough to do this right.

It'd be like trying to build a custom turbo kit for your car with $800. It can be done, but not very well. Trust me on this. You'll be much happier with the Planet 3 way, a screen and great amps.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

i just looked at the PA 3-ways, and they seemed like they would be pretty good. The midrange driver is only 2" though, isn't that kind of small? i'm looking for a system with amazing mid and high response, and decent lower range response. My sub can make up for the lack of low range response from the components. does the PA 3-way have good mid/high response and quality?

o, and i have a panasonic cqe-somethign head unit i think...i know its a panasonic touch screen that i got from crutchfield for about $200. It's got aux, left, right, and sub preamps.
    it seems to be a really good HU.

the amp that i have is a fairly old rockford fosgate p400a4, it can be bridged to 100x2@4 ohms. will that be good enough for these speakers? or would you reccomend getting a better amp?
    Last edited by tracker7821; 11-18-2004 at 01:16 PM.
    '03 Aspen white rex

I just found 2 great DIYs for kick panels. It involves fiberglassing, so be sure to get a good particle mask, and be safe...the fumes from that stuff are very toxic.

this first link is to a site that has many DIYs, including fiberglassing kickpanels. this is almsot all fiberglassing, teaches some basic fiberglassing, and other stuff. http://web.njit.edu/~cas1383/proj/main/

this second link is specific to fiberglassing kickpanels. it's also a great DIY.
    http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/...ickpanel.shtml

be sure to keep safe, get the right materials, and be sure to cover EVERY AREA POSSIBLE with masking tape, so u dont get the stuff on ur carpet...thats bad...
    '03 Aspen white rex

I have done some glassing before and am in the middle of a fiberglass sub enclosure for my xterra. If you are looking for some really good info on glassing here is a thread from caraudio.com that is perfect. glassing info
    feel free to shoot me any questions, I am not starting a kick panel project on my wrx till the spring but i can help out with general questions

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.