Check out the new autometers - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Check out the new autometers within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Those looked good.. I almost want to sell my defi's...

Those looked good.. I almost want to sell my defi's
    Silver -02 Impreza WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by KurleeDaddeeWRX
    Just hope the dials don't fall off like they did inside of my Carbon Fiber Autometers on my WRX
    Serious?
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Franz
    Serious?
    This not only happened to one of my Autometer Carbon Fiber Series gauges. But 2 of them. I bought one and it was good for several months. Then on the way to work one morning, the dial just fell off into the gauge. So I bought another one from Summit racing. I sent the FIRST broken one back to Autometere to be replaced. They sent me a brand new on for free. I had the one from Summit racing in my car for less than 1 month and the SECOND autometer gauges dial fell off. So I put the replacement one Autometer sent me back into my car. I sent the SECOND broken Autometer gauge back to Summit racing and they gave me my money back. Either the same technician built both of the gauges I had bought or they came from the same lot #. I don't know. But I don't have good faith in Autometer gauges anymore. And do you blame me?

Quote Originally Posted by AjIsDope
    Um - it does. Watch the visuals.
    I did watch the visuals, and I didn't see anything that said it would change colors if you were at your preset warning.
    '02 WRB WRX
    '92 Civic Si

The 3rd visual talks about the "full dial red alert warning" function. It IS there, you just have to pay attention.

Went back and watched it again carefully and still didn't hear anything about it. Oh well, I am teh suck.
    '02 WRB WRX
    '92 Civic Si

Talking

Holy shyte, somebody get out the Uncle Ben's graphic!!

Nice web presentation, though.
    2002 WRB 5-spd: K&N drop-in, silencer hack, Samco IC hoses, Godspeed uppipe, Bosal downpipe w/stock 3rd cat, Tanabe RM catback, TB Racing crank pulley, Tanabe GF-210 springs, Koni Sport strut inserts, Group N tranny & motor mounts, Whiteline rack bushings, Kartboy rear-sway endlinks & shifter, Goodridge ss brakelines, Akebono ProACT front pads

Quote Originally Posted by 5spdfrk
    Went back and watched it again carefully and still didn't hear anything about it. Oh well, I am teh suck.
    It is there. Watch carefully! They even show you the dial flashing red.

So it is on the third visual entitled "expansion" right? If so, is it on the first, second, or third clip in that category.
    '02 WRB WRX
    '92 Civic Si

Dude, click on the "visuals" icon and then click the "next" button twice (the one near the bottom of the box). It will come to the one we're talking about. If you don't see it at that point, then just forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by BoneCake
    Dude, click on the "visuals" icon and then click the "next" button twice (the one near the bottom of the box). It will come to the one we're talking about. If you don't see it at that point, then just forget it.
    I don't know what I was smoking on when I first looked at the site, but I swear that next button wasn't down there originally. Oh well, saw it that time and feel like a fool. Looks cool, and when the "initialization" starts it sounds like a subie cranking up.
    '02 WRB WRX
    '92 Civic Si

I have a 2003 WRX.

Planned Gauge updgrades soon:
    New gauge set: Boost, EGT, Oil Pressure, trying to decide on brand:
    Defi-Link Meter System ( http://www.defi-shop.com/product/bf/bf_top.html )
    vs New AutoMeter Nexus ( http://hp.autometer.com/products/nexus/index.html )

It states that you can choose any color you want for your warning color, ie. if you have gauge color set on red, you can choose white for your warning color.

It sure sounds like the build quality if far better then prior AutoMeter, I think they are stepping it up..... probably going to be very similar to the Defi-Link meter system in cost....
    I calculated my setup will cost about $1000 for Defi, and I expect about the same from the Nexus, they tell us it will be available in Jan 2006. I heard it made quite a splash at SEMA this year.
    Roger L
    F15DOC
    2003 WRX - Sold
    1995 3000GT VR4 Spyder
    199 Mercedes Benz CLK430
    http://gemini.tntech.edu/~trthompson21/SPYDER3.GIF

$1000 is so expensive for gauges! Ah eventually I'll be able to get something nicer than sport comps since they are so great . I have a turboback exhaust and EBC already on my Christmas list for this year. Hopefully I'll get the Nexus setup for my B-day.

Probably not going to be much cheaper(if any) cheaper than Defi. Nice looking gauges though. I like that they are going to be 52 instead of 60mm.

Rich
    Quote Originally Posted by MidKnight
    I'm getting tired of reapeating myself: There is no better place in the NJ area to get work done on your Soobie than at PT. I actually stopped by today and they suckered me in to buying something! (I always ending up buying something whenever I'm there! More my impulse than anything else... Just spark plugs this time!)

Autometer Nexus Pricing:

Control Module $199
    Pyrometer/EGT $229
    Oil Pressure $249
    Water Temp $199
    Oil Temp $199
    Boost/Pressure $249
    Fuel Pressure $249
    Nitrous Pressure$249

Autometer Dash Pod 3 Gauge $46
    Autometer Cluster Pod $71.25
    Autometer Piller Pod 2 Gauge:65
    Autometer Pillar Pod 3 Gauge 65

Gauges should be available 1st of the Year.

Rich
    Quote Originally Posted by MidKnight
    I'm getting tired of reapeating myself: There is no better place in the NJ area to get work done on your Soobie than at PT. I actually stopped by today and they suckered me in to buying something! (I always ending up buying something whenever I'm there! More my impulse than anything else... Just spark plugs this time!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.