Front and Rear Speaker Replacement without ANY modification

This is a discussion on Front and Rear Speaker Replacement without ANY modification within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Help! I just purchased a 2003 WRX sedan a week ago, but I have been monitoring this board for months. ...

Front and Rear Speaker Replacement without ANY modification

Help! I just purchased a 2003 WRX sedan a week ago, but I have been monitoring this board for months. I think that I have read every post regarding speakers, but have not been able to get the answers to the following question:

What make and model of speakers (front and back) can i install without any modification at all.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It doesnt matter what model/brand, as long as its 6" in front/rear....I think, Im not sure what size they are but all you have to do is find the right size to replace them with upgraded ones.
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

Speakers

Easiest way is to live without speakers for a couple of days, take 1 each out and go to a REPUTABLE stereo place and match them up. As you have probably read, there is a depth issue.

Also, If its any help, the stock subwoofer under the seat is a Pioneer.

Clavo
    What's the square root of 69 ?.........8 something

Thanks for all the help guys. I guess I will have to go with the spacer.

Check the Audio/Interior forum on i-club. The larger amount of people over there does a wonder for the knowledge about audio. There are plenty of 6.5" fronts that will fit fairly easily, but some won't. Chances are if you want something thats good, somebody over there has it.

-Jay

Unless you bought the stereo upgrade, you will need a spacer for at least the front. Stock holes are in a triangle shape while virtually all aftermarket speakers use a square shape for their mounting holes.

Speaker options

I have been working with car audio systems for some time now (mainly in competitions) and the lack of driver depth in the WRX (I own one) is amazing, rivaled only by the Landcrusier. There are however some options. Some higher end companies like DLS and Illousion(I think migh be OOB) makes a very shallow mount, inverted basket/magnet driver that will fit. Some of the Normal companies (You know who I mean) have drivers that will fit with some modification. If you really want a good set of components and don't want to settle for a shallow mount setup then you should think about a set of kickpanels. There isn't a large amount of room for kickpanels in the WRX but there is sufficent room for a kick that would contain just a 51/4 or 61/2 inch driver and mount the tweet in the stock location. My advice is find a reputable car audio shop to make the kicks because some shops just can't do them right. It all depends on whether you want to give up some foot room for the sake of better sound quality If you need component recomendations just ask I have heard them all

Spacing

anyone know of anywhere i can get a spacer? i dont have tools, to start making my own.... So where can i go to get a pair so i can go and buy nice big magnet 6 1/2" MB Quart components???
    2003 Black Sedan
    M/T

any car stereo shop should be able to hook you up.

Damn, this sucks. I'm working on selling my truck, and I've got a bunch ($3k worth) of audio stuff that never got in. I was hoping to keep some of it and put it in a WRX, but from the sound of it, none of it will fit

... oh well, guess I'll just listen to the engine.
    Justin K.
    2000 GMC Sonoma - 4.3 ExCab - CarDomain Page

One day WRX owner

Cruthcfield does not have the best prices but on vehicles that have fitment problems, they are great. I bough speakers for my girl and they told me which ones fit since it is all on a screen.