Ipod connection queston, its a quicky! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Ipod connection queston, its a quicky! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I used the directions on this site to make my own ipod hardwire cable that plugs into the auxillary port ...

I used the directions on this site to make my own ipod hardwire cable that plugs into the auxillary port on my deck and into power. It uses the Belkin kit that you modify. Was pretty easy if you have any elementary soldering skills.

http://www.mindspring.com/~pmbenn/iPod/cable.htm

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Whats the easiest way to connect an MP3 player to the stock '05 WRX stereo? i might be getting a free ipod, then either keep it or sell it for an iRiver (i hate apple). but i might just keep it for less of a hassle. so easiest way to connect w/o that Alpine box?
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

A cassette adapter for your cassette player in your oem stereo should work fine - u know one of those cassette-lookin things that you had in your first car to connect your discman to your ghetto-ass factory tape player
    Blobeye Syndicate #48
    2008 Impreza Hatch
    Aztec Gold Metallic
    Missin' the WRX but not the money I am saving :-)
    My car's info

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
    i might be getting a free ipod, then either keep it or sell it for an iRiver (i hate apple).
    Why? Isn't this like selling your free WRX to buy a Pontiac? And why do you hate Apple? There's a reason they have 90% market share; iPod is the best.

I had a ipod setup in my infiniti, I had a kenwood 6025 with the aux input in the back for a cd changer. I got that connection, pluged it in the back, bought the ipod rca jacks to the aux input, bought the cigerette lighter charger, plugged it all in together behind the dash and ran one wire up to the ipod where i had mounted it to the dash. I havent set this up in the wrx yet but will be shortly. I can post pics of all the stuff, and maybe a pic of the final in the g20. Email me if you want some pics. I have an aux adapter for an alpine I will sell it to ya for 10 bucks, its brand new. Email me, nkingdon@msn.com. The sound was much much better than an fm transmitter.

Quote Originally Posted by perfusionista
    Why? Isn't this like selling your free WRX to buy a Pontiac? And why do you hate Apple? There's a reason they have 90% market share; iPod is the best.
    well i actually bought the Sony 20gb rival to the iPod and it was crap, broke after a week and i took it back for a refund. so i might get an iPod if i ever get all 5 freakin offers LOL.

i hate Apple b/c they are pointless. back in the day i used them in school, they werent easier to use than a PC, they were just annoying. the top bar is the tool bar instead of a new one in each window, one click mouse, etc. now w/ Jaguar Mac's are running Unix based software which was designed for the PC, they run Microsoft Office, and every program that is made for the mac (thats worth using) is available for the PC. Mac's are no longer the super-graphic-design computers that they once were. basically your paying more money for a colorful case. IMHO.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

I also hated Apple, and didnt want to get an iPod because of that. I looked at dell, and all the others that compare, and ended up getting the iPod because of its aftermarket support. Pretty soon there will be an answer to our problems, and Alpine has a great start, but that will be improved upon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.