squeakie seatbelt
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on squeakie seatbelt within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ahhhh cant take it anymore, so annoying! my seatbelt squeaks when i move! has this been noticed by anyone else? ...

squeakie seatbelt

ahhhh cant take it anymore, so annoying! my seatbelt squeaks when i move! has this been noticed by anyone else? i took the seatbelt housing off once and couldnt find out whats wrong, all i could come up with was maybe the belt was rubbing on the styrofoam in there causing it to squeak...should i take it out?

also, i hear a rattle in the left A pillar everynow and then. anyone know what that coulld be and how i could fix it....drives me up the freakin wall.
    btw its an 02 rex

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

OMFG... Mine does this too sometimes. Its really loud too, and I have to try not to move or I'll annoy myself to death. I will now do a search to see if this has been discussed before.

Squeeky Seatbelt????

More links in that one. The nasioc one is actually the best
    Last edited by crazycam31; 11-03-2004 at 08:05 AM.

Mine does this now and then. I wiggle it a few times while buckled in and it stops.

every time i move my shoulder it does it...im gonna take it apart again...im not going to quit and when i find out i will come up with a tutorial on how to fix it!!!!! AHH!

oh yea, i accidently posted in the wrong window (other squeaky belt thread, right below this one, i thought this was my thread, my b)

'02 WRB WRX
    '92 Civic Si

The rear of my interior ticks like crazy in my wrx. especially when its cold. i think it's one of the rear seatbelts but I can't seem to fix the problem. that plus my right rear suspension clunking is driving me insane. No other complaints with the car though.
    NewEngland F4
    Pics, mods and other rides http://www.cardomain.com/ride/383213/1
    03 VF43'd WRX
    02 CBR 954RR
    87 Transam GTA

Quote Originally Posted by 5spdfrk
    I did this and it worked like a charm!
    2005 CGM STi

Awesome!
    '02 WRB WRX
    '92 Civic Si

Time to bring this thread back to life for those who are still suffering from this.

I just fixed my seat belt squeak and it was an extremely easy fix for a VERY annoying sound. My seat belt was constantly squeaking in my ear when I made the littlest movement while driving. It is now completely gone. Best mod ever imo

Here are the before and after pics.

Before

After

Popped off the panel on the column (only one clip holding it). Then just used a dremel tool to grind the ridge down and then filed it to smooth it out a bit. Didn't want any jagged edges to tear up the seat belt. Kudos to the above links for the fix.

Nice bump! Thanks for adding some pics of the mod!
    '02 WRB WRX
    '92 Civic Si

Yep. Good fix.

I did this a few weeks ago. Didn't even take the trim out of the car. I just unfastened the top and pulled it out a bit. Used a utility knife to trim the ribs and snapped it back together.
    < 5 minutes.

Thanks, T.J.
    200,000 mile club.

Old Irish adage: "Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege."

Hey I did the same thing 5mins no more squeek WHOOHOO!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.