Removing clock on top of dash

This is a discussion on Removing clock on top of dash within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; It looks like the clock on top of the dash sits in a panel that can pop out. If tried ...

Removing clock on top of dash

It looks like the clock on top of the dash sits in a panel that can pop out. If tried prying on it in various places but haven't gotten it out. I was wondering if anyone has done this.

Also, if anyone's done this and mounted their head unit in this location, how is that done?

Thanks
    Brandon
    '11 WRX 5-Door, Dark Gray Metallic

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

its easy!!! you need to pry from a corner first closest to the windshield one corner at a time, then once you sepparate the end closest from the windshield, pull up gently and slide the clock assy towards the windshield cause the whole assy slides out, as for putting the radio there, ask club member (ej20fan) if he sells the new assy to put the radio there, he runs a local audio shop and has a wealth of knowledge on parts for our cars and how to run cool audio and all.
    any other questions let me know how i can help !!

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Thanks Ben,

Here's a cool pic from the HIN WRX from Kaminari we built about a year ago.

Click and scroll down the thread
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

Yes I saw that picture and was very impressed; it looks very clean, whch is what I'm all about.

You seem creative, so would you have any idea on how I can make the area where my equalizer is mounted look nice? It's measured at 1/2 DIN but it doesn't fill up the opening under the head unit. Right now the only idea I can think of is putting the equalizer in the box that used to be underneath the head unit, velcroing it down inside of it or something and then drilling a small hole somewhere in the box for wires to go through.

Below are some pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PA310111.JPG   PA310113.JPG   PA310115.JPG  
    Brandon

he will totally come up with someting cool for you

Another thought I had was plexi-glassing behind it, making it all flush-mount, like lower down where my switches are mounted. But I think glowing green behind it would be a little too much green on the dash, but I don't know. Still open to alternate ideas.
    Brandon

That link ej20fan posted is how I have my radio mounted now. It just needs a little careful dremmeling but the pod is factory looking and after the radio is in with its included trim bezel, it looks awsome. Will try and post a pic later.
    02 WRX - XS Power header/UP/TBE, XS Power FMIC, MBC@15psi, Ported TD04L, Perrin shortram, Alum Radiator - 13.35@101
    05 Mini Cooper S - Bone stock
    95 Mustang GT conv. (Work In Progress) - BBK LT headers & h-pipe, dumped Flowmasters, Kirban AFPR, BBK subframe braces, 6-point rollcage, FMS springs, 70/30 struts, 50/50 shocks, K&N intake

^i think thats what i am going to do...please post some pics man
    2005 STi, WRB with Gold Wheels, MY05 Cobb Accessport Stage 1 , JT-X Carbon Fiber Hood (CF1), 20% Tint, Invidia N1 Race Catback, Cusco front and rear stut bars, Cleared Headlights, Pink "i" Symbol, JDM Hazard light button, Black "STI" License Plate piece, Mine's Carbon Fiber Spoiler

That dash looks pretty cool all green like that, but isn't it too bright at night? I don't even have my dash lights turned up all the way. I hate having lights glaring in my face at night. Looks trick though!
    Mine: '05 PSM WRX 5MT Sport Wagon, Cobb AP
    Wife's: '05 SRR 2.5RS 5MT Sport Wagon

The Knack. It's a rare condition characterized by an extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical ... and utter social ineptitude.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    You could make a cover out of clear plexi, bending it to fit perfectly, and then sand-lbasting or frosting the rear. This way, the entire panel will golw green, and retain some texture, yet still be smooth to the touch.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

Here are some pics of my install. Please excuse the large images....

02 WRX - XS Power header/UP/TBE, XS Power FMIC, MBC@15psi, Ported TD04L, Perrin shortram, Alum Radiator - 13.35@101
    05 Mini Cooper S - Bone stock
    95 Mustang GT conv. (Work In Progress) - BBK LT headers & h-pipe, dumped Flowmasters, Kirban AFPR, BBK subframe braces, 6-point rollcage, FMS springs, 70/30 struts, 50/50 shocks, K&N intake