Component speaker location/position
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Component speaker location/position within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm wondering where people have mounted the tweaters for their aftermarket components. Right now mine are sitting on top of ...

Component speaker location/position

I'm wondering where people have mounted the tweaters for their aftermarket components. Right now mine are sitting on top of the dash on either side facing up. They are velcroed down and look nice. I was going to put them where the stock tweaters were, but I didn't think they'd fit. Also, I think rear seat passengers benifit more from this positioning. I'm facing them up because the high notes sounded a little too harsh and "in your face". Of course, now I have a 10-band equalizer installed in the dash, so I guess I could tune around this... would that be better? Anyone have other ideas and/or pics for location/position?

Thanks
    Last edited by hamz01; 10-31-2004 at 03:01 PM.
    Brandon
    '11 WRX 5-Door, Dark Gray Metallic

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    They should fit.Stock location is very good, and shouldn't represent a problem from an installation, or sound, point of view. just make sure that the tweeter is sealed with foam tape of dynamat to the door, so that it does not resonate or loose sound behind the door. If it's too bright, try a 10ohm 10 watt resistor. less than $5 at Radioshack.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

10 ohm 10 watt resistor? Is it an ohm per watt? And, will that change the overall resistance of the component set?

Also, what do you mean "sealing" the tweater to the door with dynamat... do you mean dynamatting the door behind the tweeter? The lower half of each of my doors is dynamatted.

Here's a pic of how the tweater sits, by the way:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PA310109.JPG  
    Last edited by hamz01; 10-31-2004 at 10:07 PM.
    Brandon

hows the sound imaging with the tweeter mounted like that? i know u can mess with it with your eq and deck to a certain extent, but having the highs bounce off the front window like that?
    lightly modded with a hint of audiophile

BYW try to get your tweeter and woofer at the kick panel, u can fab. one or go to a shop

What's the kick panel? I should put the woofer and the tweater there, next to each other?
    Brandon

check out the site

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-fXdoF4y...rch=kick+panel

or check out my buddy's accord that he won a sq comp with

http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/151662/1

he doesnt have the pioneer setup anymore, he joined the dark side with an alpine cda9833 and alpine pxah700, not to say anything about alpine cuz i gots my cda 7998

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.