momo shift knob/ stock shifter boot question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on momo shift knob/ stock shifter boot question within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I know this has probably been answered somewhere but I couldn't find it...is there any way to change out the ...

momo shift knob/ stock shifter boot question

I know this has probably been answered somewhere but I couldn't find it...is there any way to change out the stock shift knob and keep the stock shifter boot? I bought the momo all leather air race shift knob but want to keep the stock boot? Is this possible and if so, how do I do it? Thanks for any help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The shift knob just screws off the top, keeping the shift boot in there. Then screw in the Momo one and your done. It took me about 2 minutes
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

^^^What he said.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

I tried just screwing the knob off but it wouldn't work...I took off the panels and it looks like the boot and knob are connected. If it makes a difference I have an 03 wrx...maybe it's easier in the other body styles

No, they are not attached. I also have an 03. It will unscrew, somtimes they are just a bit tight.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Give it a slight tug. The shifter has a groove in it, the top of the boot is elastic, you've got to pull it out of the groove. A good tug, and it'll pop right off.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

Thank you everyone...got it off, the tug worked. Just finished install of the knob and I like it a lot...I'll post a pic.

IMO, this is one of the best choices of shift knobs.

Quote Originally Posted by AjIsDope
    IMO, this is one of the best choices of shift knobs.

I have one too. Great minds think alike.....
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

I have a momo race aluminum shiftknob and the momo boot that screws onto the knob - I love the airleather though - might have to get it looks nice bro - Dan
    ps - do you have a short throw shifter?? looks like you do...if so what kind - I just ordered a subydude one
    Blobeye Syndicate #48
    2008 Impreza Hatch
    Aztec Gold Metallic
    Missin' the WRX but not the money I am saving :-)
    My car's info

ok un-thread old one. tighten new one one pull boot over threads. now for added trick if you find a better boot. glue a small custum part of pvc pipe and use a "C" clip on the threaded part of the knob. instant clean look!
    2002 wagon 83k miles
    perrin short ram, inlet & fmic, perrin / samco hoses and fuel rails, bosal dp. erz upp, borla catback, sti ra gears w/ stock 5th, act clutch & fly, vf30, AP, perrin end links, critical cooling kit, hks bov, perrin 4pot brakes, rota wheels, hid w/ levals

Racenut3.0 - said
    "The worst thing about the AP is it did not come with any fairy dust. I wanna fly dammit!"

wow shows how cautious i am when working on stuff. i just ripped the damn thing out without thinking twice..
    04 black sti, gold rota torque, turbo xs tbe, turbo xs rfl bov, utec

someone trade their rfl axleback for my regular turbo xs magnaflow!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.