Newbie legroom question

This is a discussion on Newbie legroom question within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi all from Muskoka, Ontario - Canada. I just recently bought an '02 Wagon and am very Imprezed! Only 1 ...

Newbie legroom question

Hi all from Muskoka, Ontario - Canada. I just recently bought an '02 Wagon and am very Imprezed! Only 1 thing annoys me so far.
    Why is there way more legroom available to the driver than the front passenger? Shouldn't they be equal? Are the passenger seat rails just shorter or does the engine bay intrude further on the passenger side?
    Have you seen the WRX advert that starts "We are Rocket Scientists"? Well it doesn't take a rocket scientist to make equal travel seat rails does it? Jeez! Anyway that's my only beef and since I mostly drive its not a biggie. I have some tall friends that's all.
    I'll get some pics of my WRX soon and post in the Newbie Forum.BTW its a Silver Hatchback.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yes, when I let someone drive my car i notice the less legroom in the passanger space. When people complain, i say "sucks for you cause im driving"
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

hrm I notice a bit of the opposite actually. I have a 2004 WRX Wagon and my knees sometimes hit the dash board under and around the steering wheel. I'm 5'2" so I have to sit fairly close to the steering wheel so that may be part of it.
    2004 WRB Wagon R.I.P. (Officially a lemon)

SAVE DARFUR! http://www.savedarfur.org/content
    NEVER let fear hold you back from something beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by hellafastWRX
    When people complain, i say "sucks for you cause im driving"
    haha yo tambien
    lightly modded with a hint of audiophile