speaker sensitivity
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on speaker sensitivity within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; im deciding weather or not to purchase 6000cs speakers or dse 216 one thing that strikes my attention is the ...

speaker sensitivity

im deciding weather or not to purchase 6000cs speakers or dse 216
    one thing that strikes my attention is the sensitivity
    infinity 90db
    mb quart 2,5db

now when looking at speakers im aware that the more db the louder the speaker, is this mean mb quarts are only 2 or 5 db sensitivity = they cant bump? i dont understand the comma in 2.5db and why it is soo low, can someone plz shed some light, the average speaker has somewhere between 80-97db, wat is this 2,5 business? ty
    http://www.crutchfield.com/S-d6RkodS...cs&i=1086000CS

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/vipmobileonline/dse216.html

im just using these links for reference to the sensitivity, im actually purchasing from ikesound however

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bump

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    The 2,5 W is a different means of mearuing. The rating you're looking for is 90dB at 1M at 1 Watt, which means that sensitivity is equal between the two.

I've got them for $10 more, but I'm direct dealer and offer you a 3 year warranty.

Here's my LINK

Let me know if you're interested. The MB's are far superior to the Infinity reference.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

are the mbs discus line really worth it tho? im on a tight budget but if they are truely better then im all for it. i might be purchasing from ikesound however i now live in glendale and would need an install, may i have ur shops addy pmed? ty

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Ikesound = NO warranty. They're not authorized dealers, whatever they may tell you. Mine are factory direct with a 3 year warranty from both my shop and MB Quart, not 1 year that they claim. $20 is not worth the trouble IMO. How much do they charge for shipping?? If you need them installed, PM me and I'll cut you a deal.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

they are charing 15 for ship, the thing is i wanted to give them a try so i ordered this on the 18th, sadly i havnt recieved it yet, or a tracking number. i still need to buy the rears, going for a 213 for a match, i will do an install but not untill around december when i have everything, when the time comes ill drop u a pm. do u sell the dse 213s? i would gladly buy from u and i could pick them up at ur store if possible.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.