My AVC-R install *pic*
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on My AVC-R install *pic* within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Thought I'd share a pic of my recent AVC-R install. Real pleased with how it turned out. Car is so ...

My AVC-R install *pic*

Thought I'd share a pic of my recent AVC-R install. Real pleased with how it turned out. Car is so much more fun w/ this + the UTEC than when I was using the Cobb AP to do everything. Boost builds quick and holds rock solid!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails avcr2.jpeg  
    I'm TheBoostCreep, and I approved this message.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Very nice.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

huuummm that is sweet, how much did that run ya if you dont mind me askin??
    Aspen white/gold 03 sedan *SOLD*
    Aspen white/gold 06 STi STG2 Bailey ProTuned

Quote Originally Posted by kessler89
    huuummm that is sweet, how much did that run ya if you dont mind me askin??
    Picked it up for $300 (used) by a private seller on NASIOC

awesome.

care to enlighten us on how easy/hard the setup was? was it already pretty well "tuned" for your setup, or did you start from scratch?

dR

As far as setup, the only part that I really needed help with was the wire soldering. I don't have a clue how to do it, so if you're familiar with soldering....then the install isn't too bad.

Steps I took:
    -Drilled the AVC-R solenoid onto an area of the bracket covering the stock solenoid

-Zip-tied the pressure sensor to a thicker hose over near the BOV hoses and tapped into the BOV hose for it

-Disconnected my stock vacuum lines from the wastegate actuator nipple and the compressor nipple. Ran the new hoses from both of those to the correct parts of the AVC-R solenoid (NO and COM ports)

-Took off the intercooler and ran the wiring from the AVC-R through a grommet in the firewall (the one that passes through right near the accelerator pedal). Plugged them into the pressure senor and solenoid. Put the intercooler back on and bundled up the hose slack to the side.

-In the cabin, took off the center console (same process for short shifter install) and passed the wire from the AVC-R control unit back through a hold underneath the coin tray. Routed that wire around under the plastic and carpet to where the ECU is.

-Plugged in the connector wire from the control unit to the one coming from back through from the engine bay (from the pressure senor and solenoid connections).

-Had a friend of mine solder the connections from the control unit to the ECU wiring harness. I just watched during this part. He was also very good at routing the wires back behind everything for a really clean install. Basically, w/out him the install probably would look much more sloppy.

-Used the included mounting plate and the double-sided tape to stick right in front of the coin tray/cigarette lighter.

That about covers it. Fired it up and it was gravy. My friend took it on a test run around the neighborhood and messed w/ the duty cycle only, I'm pretty sure. Of course, he did the other stuff you gotta do when first using it (change it to use 4 cylinders instead of 6, mainly). Right now it's at 58% duty cycle and I hit just over 1 bar in 1st/2nd and ~1.1 bar in 3rd/4th. Haven't nailed it in 5th yet - I rarely have occasion to.

All in all, I'm very pleased with this unit. Would def. recommend it to those looking for a EBC

Not trying to hijack but heres another way to mount it:

If anyone wants alot of information about installing or tuning the AVCR do a search on this board for my username and "AVCR". There is a thread or 2 from about a year ago that has a bunch of installation and tuning tips.
    Last edited by pityr; 10-30-2004 at 10:29 PM.
    No one will truely be free until nerd persecution ends.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.