easiest to install

This is a discussion on easiest to install within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i just picked up some sunpro gauges and wanted to know if mechanical was easier to hook up than elec...

easiest to install

i just picked up some sunpro gauges and wanted to know if mechanical was easier to hook up than elec

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm pretty sure that elec is easier because it hooks up to the ECU. For mech, you'd have to drill through the firewall...at least I know you do for the boost gauge.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

You don't have to drill through the firewall.

There's already a hole there behind the brake pedal and with electric or mechanical you'll need to go through there to tap into the vacuum line

i have oil, boost, and votls..can anyone explain how to install these

Originally posted by Mad WRX
    You don't have to drill through the firewall.

There's already a hole there behind the brake pedal and with electric or mechanical you'll need to go through there to tap into the vacuum line
    Really?!? My friend has an RX-7, and that's what he told me he had to do for his car. So do you still connect the elec to the ECU in addition to tapping the vacuum line?
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Why do you want a voltmeter? It's in the stock cluster.

For the boost gauge, the Subaru instructions are posted on SubaruParts.com. I have oil pressure and temp gauges. While you were not specific as to whether you had temp or pressure, the Defi site (search 'em out) has a link to a US distributor. The US distributor sells a "sandwich" that fits between the engine block and the oil filter. It installs permanently and has two 1/8 NTP bungs (temp and pressure). I used that for my sensors.

The firewall has a blind grommet you can go through to reach the under-dash.

Gauge installation is a PITA in this car. Good luck. PM me if you need any more help.

misterx

Originally posted by MisterX
    Why do you want a voltmeter? It's in the stock cluster.
    thanks for your help but the volt gauge isn't in the gauge cluster all that there is is temp, gas, tach, speedo....

i think you were mistaken subaroparts.com didn't have anything on instructions for it

eww...sunpro hehe j/k i have a friend whos got sunpro gauges, what made you decide to get them?
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

Originally posted by Nexus6
    eww...sunpro hehe j/k i have a friend whos got sunpro gauges, what made you decide to get them?
    they fit the tight budget and they were at the store when i was looking for some gauges. I returned the 3 pack of gauges because they didn't fit well in the car. so all i have is the boost. i took the sunpro over the APC ones because the apc ones looked crappy and cheap

try here
    https://ssl.autocenter.net/webparts/acatalog/page1.html

The spot they show in the picture is the blow off valve which is right on the drivers side of the intercooler.