Shift Knobs! - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Shift Knobs! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally posted by soulsweeper Hey. I have a fake MOMO wanna be. I got it for 10 bucks shipped. I ...

Originally posted by soulsweeper
    Hey.
    I have a fake MOMO wanna be.
    I got it for 10 bucks shipped.
    I have STI shift knob, but those gets WAY too hot.....so I put the wanna be MOMO ones. They don't get as hot as the STI ones.
    Here is the pic.
    That looks pretty cool...does it fit right? Where could I get one of those?
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by gjhsu
    Hmm... I don't think anyone has brought up the Prodrive shift knob. I ordered mine a few days ago, and am still waiting for it, but the pictures are nice. It's all metal (hot, cold yes, but well worth it) and it's threaded so you just screw it in.

I don't have any pictures on me, so check out www.wrxrsparts.com for info.
    dammit, i was trying to keep this a secret!!! great looking knob, haven't ordered one yet but that's the one i'm going with

AHas anyone else had a problem with their momo sticker on the top of the Race Air Leather coming off? Mine has come off twice now. The first time I found the sticker and superglued it on but I can't find it this second time. I called Momo and they are sending me another sticker. The only thing I can think of is that the aluminum part of the knob gets so hot it loosens the glue. Any thoughts?

My momo decal on my airleather knob has fallen off before also. Your theory may be correct, but you would think they would have done a better job of placing and securing their logo on the knob

Mine fell off before too. I almost had a heart attack when I looked down at the knob and saw it was missing, luckily I found it on the floor. I used 3M molding and trim adhesive to stick it back on and it's been okay since.
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

this is going to sound really stupid, but i dont know how to replace the shift knob. the shift knob come with the thing that unscrews at the bottom, are you supposed to get that under the shift boot??? or do i have to get an intirely different kind of shift knob?

does anyone want to trade me their stock shift knob for my factory installed STI one? let me know. \

***already traded***

steve
    Last edited by s7eve57; 08-14-2002 at 05:15 PM.

Originally posted by s7eve57
    does anyone want to trade me their stock shift knob for my factory installed STI one? let me know.

steve
    I'll trade. PM me.

Originally posted by s7eve57
    does anyone want to trade me their stock shift knob for my factory installed STI one? let me know. \

***already traded***

steve
    Why in the world would you do that???
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

My girlfriend gave me the Momo race air leather shift knob for my birthday. It's the half leather half alluminum one. It's hot as hell when i first get in after school and i burn my hand, but it looks sweet. The momo hasn't come off yet, but i already thought it would when i first looked at it. Anyway it feels great and it's easy to install. I left the little thing with momo written on it off and i screwed it onto the top of the plastic fake lighter in the car ...
    autobahn storming scooby

My Momo button fell off again this morning for the second time, I thought I lost it because I couldn't find it for awhile. I used 3M emblem and trim adhesive to secure it the last time and it still fell off. I don't know what to use now.
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

If it falls off on me again, I am going to use some indutrial epoxy from Home Depot. Maybe It will hold then.

Shift Knobs!

What do you have?
    how do you like it?
    was it a direct fit or universal?
    did it have a groove for the shift boot?
    etc. etc.

Just wondering...
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.