Pioneer DEH-P8400MP not responding

This is a discussion on Pioneer DEH-P8400MP not responding within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi, I started having a problem with my sterio. The flap opens up but the button don't respond. There's no ...

Angry Pioneer DEH-P8400MP not responding

Hi,

I started having a problem with my sterio. The flap opens up but the button don't respond.
    There's no display on the LCD part but the radio plays

Suspect a blown fuse, suggestions ?

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    It's not a fuse. Most likely the culprit is the data bus wire between the face and the unit. Only way to fix it is to send to a repair center, or pioneer if it's still under warranty.

if it makes you feel any better, I've always had problems with pioneer's 8400, 8500, and Premier 840, 850, as a vendor because of warranty issues. Poor design. It happens. This year Pioneer recalled the DEH 1600, last year it was their entire amp line up. That's just the world of electronics, as eve my 7015 acts up every now and then.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

not direct @ you EJ

I'll hunt down my bill, only had the unit for a year and a bit,

guess I'll need to put the old sterio in for a while...

thanks for the information.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Only adding insult to injury, I hate being the bearer of bad news ... Pioneer only offers a 1 year warranty.

Premier gives you two.

I can extend it if purchased from my shop because of the amount of business I do with Pioneer and hence, the repair center. It will most likely be out of warranty, meaning you'll have to pay for repairs yourself. Those can be expensive, between $100-$200 USD. Let me know if I can help. Where did you get your unit from??? If from a Pioneer authorized dealer, I might be able to get it repaired.

Claudiu Ene
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

yeah, more good news..

I did buy it from a Pioneer affiliate, not holding my breath, got two amps connected to it..

Is there a way I can stop the unit from opening ? (Until I can get a replacement)

How come the remote doesn't work ?

I have a Pioneer 8400MP that's sitting in my room in a box collecting dust. I had it in my last car for a year and a half. It's worked awesome without any problems but I can't install it in my new car due to the integrated climate controls and head unit. I'm planning on keeping the Pioneer for awhile in hopes that Subaru will come out with a solution for me, but it might not happen. If you're at all interested in it, PM me and maybe we can work something out.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    The above option will most likely be the most $$ conscious path to follow.

thanks for the responses

I'll remove my unit later this week and drop it off at my electronics
    guy. He's already fixed a bunch of stuff for me already at decent prices.

Franz, I'll email you from the office, look for a gc.ca host on the
    host email source.

later

ok.. no emails to Franz, just noticed your profile only accepts PMs.

PMmmm away..