XM Radio is so bada$$

This is a discussion on XM Radio is so bada$$ within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just installed the XM radio in my car and it is so great in every way. I can't believe ...

XM Radio is so bada$$

I just installed the XM radio in my car and it is so great in every way. I can't believe people that complain about paying $10 a month for radio. First of all, the good channels are commercial free and it tells you exactly what the station plays! The sound quality is amazing and it sounds almost better than my cd's. I bought the XM Direct unit to hook to my Pioneer HU and I am completly satisified. I bet Sirius radio is the same way it just depends on what brand HU you have I guess that's what your stuck with. Anyways, I have not had it cut out at all or even any sign of signal fade or static. I can guarentee you will love it and every car should have one stock from the factory.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

From what I have been told by audiophiles and professionals, Sirius has slightly better sound quality and better reliability (it doesn't cut out like XM has for some people). But anyway, satellite radio is cool and it mostly depends on what you like to listen to. I haven't purchased it quite yet since there is not an easy way to hook it up to the stereo in my Legacy GT. Crazy Subaru engineers...
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Franz
    From what I have been told by audiophiles and professionals, Sirius has slightly better sound quality and better reliability (it doesn't cut out like XM has for some people). But anyway, satellite radio is cool and it mostly depends on what you like to listen to. I haven't purchased it quite yet since there is not an easy way to hook it up to the stereo in my Legacy GT. Crazy Subaru engineers...
    NOT true! You can use an external unit with an FM modulator (not as good), or you can run an external unit into your cassette deck (better). If you had an auxilliary input, you could use that for the best performance. They make an antenna adaptor that will make the FM modulator feed right into the antenna on your car, making it pretty good.

It is true that there is no easy way to replace the HU in your car, but there are other ways.

I like my Sirius, I will never go back to AM/FM. The NFL deal is just too cool!
    Aric
    '04 WRX SDN

I have xm in my car and <3 it.... order Opie&Anthony on channel 202.

heres where i have it:
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com