indash tv help

This is a discussion on indash tv help within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i have the 05 wrx and i want to know what the measurement on the stock 6 disk cd player ...

indash tv help

i have the 05 wrx and i want to know what the measurement on the stock 6 disk cd player is, has anyone put a t.v. in it's place, i'm not talking about a popping out one, i want one that is placed there and stays, takes up the whole room of the stock radio! any help would be appreciated
    YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Have you looked at the DD units that are made by Kenwood or Eclipse.
    04 WRX Java Black

Mods:
    Cobb Accessport (running stage 2 91 oct), GReddy EVO Catback, Helix Up/Down pipe, Samco IC hoses, Eibach springs, Rota SDRs wheels, Worx BOV, Kartboy Short Shifter, Kartboy bushings and Omori Boost and EGT gauges.

funny you ask.

My new setup

6 inch screen from pixelon (tm-600)

It still needs some more work. I had to modify the front plastic dash peice and behind the screen to make it fit. The dremmel did the job nice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails new setup.jpg  
    Last edited by spencerxi; 10-22-2004 at 07:59 PM.

Just had a Kenwood 2 din DVD player installed, looks great.
    Love, Peace, and Grease...
    -BlueSix

If I were you I would avoid Double DINS because there are so many single DIN units that are better ou there. Get a plastic pocket to fill in the other slot and it will look really clean.

sweet thanks for info, is there some type of program out where i can bring it up on the screen and be able to see lots of taks, like oil pressure, boost gauge, etc.. anyone know a company?
    YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE!

Quote Originally Posted by spencerxi
    funny you ask.

My new setup

6 inch screen from pixelon (tm-600)

It still needs some more work. I had to modify the front plastic dash peice and behind the screen to make it fit. The dremmel did the job nice.
    hey i cant see the pic of how it looks, could u repost or possibly send to me in email arbnmac@yahoo.com
    YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE!

Quote Originally Posted by arbnmac
    sweet thanks for info, is there some type of program out where i can bring it up on the screen and be able to see lots of taks, like oil pressure, boost gauge, etc.. anyone know a company?

deltadash, I think it works in conjunction with ECUtek.

You can even customize the gauges and layout.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    The Avic N1 let's you buy adaptors to measure things like boost, temps etc.. I personally like the HKS system.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by ej20fan
    The Avic N1 let's you buy adaptors to measure things like boost, temps etc.. I personally like the HKS system.
    i know it lets you moniter a lot of things like voltage and what not... but ive never heard of it reading boost before....

happen to have a link for that adapter for me?
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by amukaoen
    i know it lets you moniter a lot of things like voltage and what not... but ive never heard of it reading boost before....

happen to have a link for that adapter for me?
    Back when this was first posted, it was in the makings. From what I understand, it's not been ruled out, but I have not yet heard of one made by pioneer. The Avic-N2, will display RPM, MPH, Laterall G's, HP, ...pretty much anything that a G-tech would tell you, with a few extra bells and whistles.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

Avic-N2??? damn... the avic-n1 already does everything and then some... I cant wait to see what the N2 has in store.

They really need to add

Boost
    EGT
    Air / Fuel Ratio
    Horsepower
    Oil Temp / Pressure.

then the gauges would be pretty fricking amazing.
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.