someone help me pls
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on someone help me pls within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; alright...here's the deal. I've been deployed to Iraq for the last 12 months and FINALLY have the money to get ...

someone help me pls

alright...here's the deal. I've been deployed to Iraq for the last 12 months and FINALLY have the money to get my 05 WRX STi with money left over. So the first thing that I want to do is put a serious sound system in it. As of now I have a Alpine deck w/ iPod adaptor, 2x Rockford Fosgate Power Series Stage 1 12" subs, Rockford T10001D 1b amp waiting for me at home. I've been over here a long time and want to buy install and do my cross-country road-trip. I need to know the dimensions for the 6 speakers already installed in the 05 STi.

Please help me so I can order them and have them waiting when I finally return. THanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

6.5" in the front. Component sets are plentiful, so you will want to go check them out at your local audio stores. Depth is an issue and you will probably need to make some spacers or buy them online. I would do a search for that because I am too lazy

4.0" or 5.25" for the rear doors. The larger will require a little modification on your part, but many have done this install. I just went with a 2 way 4".

That should get you started
    James

"Never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way, if he doesn't like what you have to say, it'll be OK because you'll be a mile away and you'll have his shoes."

Question answers only raise more questions...

Well, thanks a mil for the diameters (6 1/2"s in the front and 4"s in the back). I've already decided on the 4"s I'm getting, BTW I'm doing this all on-line from Iraq which makes it a bit more difficult, but I have nothing better to do at times. The NEW question is that I've been reading a bit about mounting depths being a problem in STi's but never in the 05 in paticular. The 6 1/2"s that I'm looking at require 2.207" depth, and have a magnet diameter of 3.358". Does anyone out there know how many problems that will give me????? THanks in advance

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    What speaker where you looking at if I may ask????

Depth is not an issue, only makes install more difficult and may require moving the window rail closer to the outside skin of the door. Not a big deal, but you don't want a rookie to do this. Also not a recommended DYI. Broken windows really suck. Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.