infinity vs mbquart

This is a discussion on infinity vs mbquart within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; this is prolly a waste of a thread but i was wondering if i could get peoples 2˘ on infinitys ...

infinity vs mbquart

this is prolly a waste of a thread but i was wondering if i could get peoples 2˘ on infinitys reference6000cs and mb quarts dse216. i am assuming they are both great sounding speakers, but my main points are
    1. are they both good quality speakers(materials)
    2. can they both take a fair amount of abuse(150rms)
    3.does ither speaker have any outstanding flaws?

i kno there are a world of better speakers my comparison lies compairing the 2. and if anyone could rank the 2 on a scale of 1-10(10 highest) so i get a better visual of which is better. thanks again

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyrez
    this is prolly a waste of a thread but i was wondering if i could get peoples 2˘ on infinitys reference6000cs and mb quarts dse216. i am assuming they are both great sounding speakers, but my main points are
    1. are they both good quality speakers(materials)
    2. can they both take a fair amount of abuse(150rms)
    3.does ither speaker have any outstanding flaws?

i kno there are a world of better speakers my comparison lies compairing the 2. and if anyone could rank the 2 on a scale of 1-10(10 highest) so i get a better visual of which is better. thanks again
    I got PCE213 in the front and RKCs in the rear, they are incredible

I would definitely get the mb's. I am kinda partial to them cause I got the exact same pair running in my fronts. Heard a friend's kappa series and were awesome... as for the reference...... hmmmm? I like how the Mb's sound. A little harsh on the tweeters when the eq is on flat... but the eq takes care of that. As for the infinity kappas.... warm and smooth without harshness... in the same kind of car with same placement and power. I am assuming the reference are not that far behind in performance on the Kappas.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxinfx
    I would definitely get the mb's. I am kinda partial to them cause I got the exact same pair running in my fronts. Heard a friend's kappa series and were awesome... as for the reference...... hmmmm? I like how the Mb's sound. A little harsh on the tweeters when the eq is on flat... but the eq takes care of that. As for the infinity kappas.... warm and smooth without harshness... in the same kind of car with same placement and power. I am assuming the reference are not that far behind in performance on the Kappas.

Well the RKCs are in the rear and i barely hear them that much, i drive mostly by myself, I dont think too many people drive their rex with a whole crew. plus with the MTX1004 thunder, the PKCs or the QSDs really dont do much with the larger crossover cause the amp wont reproduce the better clearer signal. I heard the kappas and i dont think they carry the volume that the MBs have. Dont go cheap up front though

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Not to offend anyone, but Infinity gets pimp-slapped by the MB's, even at the Discus line level. Kinda like saying a top of the line civic compares to a entry level 911. They're in completely different segments. MB's cannot be sold by major retailers, they're limited in production, hand-made in Germany, and come with a 3 year warranty. What does infinity offer, other than their oversize cone (cause they can't make a decent speaker in the right size), and their affiliation with Harman Kardan (which is the poser's choice of sound).
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

I have heard alot of good about the MB speekers too..
    Personally I will go with the refrence series from MB...

Offtopic..
    ej20fan - What MB speekers will fit in the wrx doors with or without adapters?
    Silver -02 Impreza WRX

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by Roffa
    I have heard alot of good about the MB speekers too..
    Personally I will go with the refrence series from MB...

Offtopic..
    ej20fan - What MB speekers will fit in the wrx doors with or without adapters?

You're going to hate me if I tell you.....oh well, I have too many friends anyway, and people in Norway suck . Just kidding man. You know I grew up in Northern Germany, near Denmark in a city called Lubeck. It's halfway between Kiel and Hamburg. The weather is fantastic... you've got drizzle and dark skies.... more drizzle....damp cold... some rain....a little snow....which then makes slush... and you're always wet. I could never figure out why I was always wet. Anyway.. the answer to your question is... I wasn't kidding when I said you'll hate me...none. They all require a spacer and some the moving of the window rail. I have a thread somewhere outlining how to install them.

P.S.: I know it's even worse in Norway... so answer me this. How do you stay dry, cause I could never figure it out.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by ej20fan
    You're going to hate me if I tell you.....oh well, I have too many friends anyway, and people in Norway suck
    Damn you...

You know I grew up in Northern Germany, near Denmark in a city called Lubeck. It's halfway between Kiel and Hamburg. The weather is fantastic... you've got drizzle and dark skies.... more drizzle....damp cold... some rain....a little snow....which then makes slush... and you're always wet. I could never figure out why I was always wet. Anyway.. the answer to your question is... I wasn't kidding when I said you'll hate me...none. They all require a spacer and some the moving of the window rail. I have a thread somewhere outlining how to install them.
    Damn you again..
    P.S.: I know it's even worse in Norway... so answer me this. How do you stay dry, cause I could never figure it out.
    Funny.. Well we never leave our cars.
    It's not really that bad... We mostly have sunny weather, but when we get bad weather it usually last for a few weeks Damn global warming.. We should normally have much snow now, but we have non... 2+C and rain But every weekend we take the cars up the nearest mountain to race and have fun in the snow

We are promised more snow this or next week Can't wait to take dounuts on the highway again (better get a video camera soon)

Back to the topic my german friend.
    Können*Sie einen foto auf die <finnished install> bitte? Well my german is not what is once was.. I had german in shcool for like 10 years ago Don' t know if you even understood that.
    Silver -02 Impreza WRX

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Du willst wissen ob ich dir ein foto zeigen kann, in dem du sehen kanst wie das endprodukt aussieht?? (trans: You want to know if I can show you a pic, in which you can see how the final product looks??)

Yur Jerman iz not bat, I vill trrry tu post a foto az zoon az I kan. I vill take apahrt mee auto ven I get mai firrst opportunitee.

Quote Originally Posted by ej20fan
    Du willst wissen ob ich dir ein foto zeigen kann, in dem du sehen kanst wie das endprodukt aussieht?? (trans: You want to know if I can show you a pic, in which you can see how the final product looks??)

Yur Jerman iz not bat, I vill trrry tu post a foto az zoon az I kan. I vill take apahrt mee auto ven I get mai firrst opportunitee.
    Yes I understoot the german by the way It's easier to read than to write
    Don't laugh it's hard to have to know norwegian, swedish, danish, german, english and spanish I suck most in spanish lol... Well yes. A picture would be nice if You find time for it some day
    Silver -02 Impreza WRX