Jammed driver's seat?

This is a discussion on Jammed driver's seat? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I got the letter about the recall for the driver's seat with the problems with the rails and all. I ...

Jammed driver's seat?

I got the letter about the recall for the driver's seat with the problems with the rails and all.
    I just wanted to ask you guys (and girls) if your driver's seat is jammed at all?
    I cannot recline my seat at all!
    tell me I'm not alone and if so, how did you fix it?
    thanks, STomp
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yes, I got the recall notice on my driver's seat. I got it fix a couple of weeks ago. They replaced 2 front bolts. Anyway. Your seat not reclining sounds like what happened to me this past summer. It was like it was broken. Then about a week went by and I decided to investigate further...turns out a quarter from my pocket must have fallen out and jamed the mechanism. Cause I found one jammed down in there between the lever and the plastic cover. Removed it and now it is as good as new...plus I got a quarter. I suggest checking for loose change jamming the mechanism
    Go fast...

2002 WRX PLATINUM SILVER
    SHORT THROW SHIFTER
    TURBO GAUGE
    WING
    ALL THE REST IS FILLING.....

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    This is somewhat off topic... but relevant to your problem..

I had a really big chick break my recliner on the passenger seat in my 99 GMC Jimmy. It was the funniest thing I had ever seen. In the process, she also managed to break off the handle while frantically trying to lift herself back up. I almost crashed and couldn't breathe because I was laughing so hard. Thank God I had just stopped at a restroom.

I guess the point is.. have any very "heavy" people been in your driver seat??
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.