what does this button do? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on what does this button do? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Its a vestigial button...

SMR
    Its a vestigial button
    Wow, just wow

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ej20fan
    It's used so you don't hit parked cars when swerving through dark turns. So in case you're stupid enough to park in a dark turn, I can see your running lights. Please use it when doing so. Anytime you park on a poorly lit street/turn you should turn them on. It's a lot cheaper and less embarrassing than having another car slam into yours.

I speak from experience.....
    that'll buff right out!

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    It did. Except that it cost aropund 3k to buff.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by ej20fan
    I thought so too, but notice how his rpm's are just under 1k, meaning that the engine is running. Also, another hint is that no abs, or other lights are lit, as should be the case if the keys were simply in the on position.

So why is the CEL on????

He makes a good point
    Last edited by Chap; 10-16-2004 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Red*Eye
    Oh, yea don't leave it on or you'll run down your battery.
    IIRC, somebody on NASIOC said that they're designed to be left on all night without running down the battery. So I would assume that if your battery is in good condition it shouldn't hurt it all that much.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    That "If" is pretty important. It's kind of like saying that you could run C16 on 30 lbs of boost and not shred your gears. Not knocking on you, simply pointing out that every car, every battery, and every driver will be different, meaning that for some of us, drain time is measured in hours, not days. Either way, if your electrical, and battery are in good shape (buy a yellow top optima) you're right, the motor should turn fine in the morning, without having to look for jumper cables.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

It's my car and CEL is on because I don't have the CEL fix installed yet on my rear O2 sensor.
    Leo -
    2004 WRX Sedan (Mommy's Little Monster)
    -=Team Blue Sedan=-

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Alright. I can finally sleep now. CEL's are my #1 annoyance. You should really take care of that as it's really cheap.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.