uh oh, amp problems?

This is a discussion on uh oh, amp problems? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just noticed yesterday that my ground wire had come undone on my amp. Prob. been that way for a while, ...

uh oh, amp problems?

Just noticed yesterday that my ground wire had come undone on my amp. Prob. been that way for a while, at least a month or so. Any damage done to the amp or speaker? Hooked it back up and it now sounds fine. Don't notice anything unusuall.

JasonG

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Shouldnt be any problems other than the sound cutting out.

Yup, thats why I checked it. I noticed there wasn't as much punch from the sub as there had been when I first installed it. Hooked back up and seems to work fine.

Jason

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    No problem. The amp should be fine. The subs not playing as loud is purely imaginary. If the amp had a problem, it would be much more severe or not playing at all.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

Yeah I'm sure it's in my head. Of course at least now I I finally strapped it down so its not sliding all over the trunk.

JasonG