Sound deadening material

This is a discussion on Sound deadening material within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I like a nice healthy exhaust note as much as the next guy, but also I want to make my ...

Sound deadening material

I like a nice healthy exhaust note as much as the next guy, but also I want to make my car quieter than it already is, namely the little rattles, and general road noise. I know Dynamat is useful for stopping the rattling of large subwoofers and such, but how does it fare with stopping other unwanted noises? Anyone know of any other noise-cancelling options out there that also work besides dynamat? Dynamat is kinda pricey.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

blankets...lots and lots of wool blankets

actually, the stuff they used in the older cars was like rubber mats, but they were super heavy. i think if you want to cancel out sound and do it well, just pay the money and get the dynamat stuff. actually, there is some kind of blanket type stuff out there...my friend used it in his trunk and it works well, i'll have to ask him who made it and i'll let ya know
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

For any rattles that bother you, take the area apart and you will most likely find a bunch of little white clips holding it together, those rattle like crazy. Take the clips out, put some silicon in there to hold them in, and you should hear a lot less noise. Other than that, I think there is something that is sold at a lot of auto stores that is basically a foam, sticky on one side, that is for sound deadening.