how much $ did your setup cost?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on how much $ did your setup cost? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey, im just interested to hear...what is your guage setup, and how much did it cost you total for everything....including ...

how much $ did your setup cost?

Hey, im just interested to hear...what is your guage setup, and how much did it cost you total for everything....including everything you needed and (if) someone put it in professionally for you. im about to spend close to $600 for my Autometer dual bezel and GReddy electronic EGT and Boost guages. This includes the $150 for installation, and i am buying all parts at the shop. what did you get and pay?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

anyone? i am just trying to find out if what im paying is reasonable.

Well, I'm getting the same setup as you....exactly. Here's what I'm paying:

-Autometer dual bezel pod: $75
    -Greddy electric boost gauge (black face): $100 - used
    -Greddy EGT gauage (black face): $150
    -Installation: free (myself)

Total: $325
    I'm TheBoostCreep, and I approved this message.

ok, so the differences are one of them is used and youre doing it yourself ( i dont have the nuts to drill a hole in my manifold and tap it out yet lol ((didnt get car long ago)) and since i am getting the guages at the shop, they charge slightly more than the net anyways. $566 for me...fair price?

My girls setup was

1) Autometer Triple A-piller pod $72
    2) Autometer Carbon Fiber Boost Gauge $60
    3) Autometer Carbon Fiber Air/Fuel Gauge $70
    4) plastic tee's and connectors. $7 for a assorted box
    5) 12" 1/4" vacum hose $2
    6) Install was FREE

I had all the supplies to wire it so that cost nothing. But it adds up to around $210 Not to shabby. Granted..all the installs were easy and no drilling or tapping was required. For her next setup she is going to have a EGT and I'll run all the wiring but get a shop to a tap for the egt bung to keep costs as low as possible.

All that is for sale and she purchased a Defi tripple clock pod on e-bay for $110. She'll get new gauges and its going to be more expensive than the first setup.
    To finish first, you must first finish

for $600 i'd say you buy some defi gauges (d-gauge - accurate but cheap) and find a used pod and find a club member close to you and buy them lunch/dinner for the install. $600 for autometer gauges (2 at that) is a lot.

just my .02
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

triple A pillar + only 2 guages = me confused

lol are you forgetting any?

Anyway defi guages are awesome from what i hear, but also most expensive i believe.

Precision Tuning....where i am having it done...told me to stay away from autometer, my original idea for a setup. anyone want to comment on this?

Quote Originally Posted by bluerex47
    $600 for autometer gauges (2 at that) is a lot.

just my .02
    GReddy, not Autometer

Quote Originally Posted by Redline927
    GReddy, not Autometer
    oops, i can't read, sorry bout that....sounds like a better deal now

edit - cant spell either lol.
    Last edited by bluerex47; 10-14-2004 at 06:34 PM.
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

Quote Originally Posted by Redline927
    triple A pillar + only 2 guages = me confused

lol are you forgetting any?

Anyway defi guages are awesome from what i hear, but also most expensive i believe.

Precision Tuning....where i am having it done...told me to stay away from autometer, my original idea for a setup. anyone want to comment on this?

Yeah..I only had enough to buy two gauges at the time but she eventually wanted to get a third. hahah Im a slob so don't worry about it.

Have you looked into the Blitz BLM? They are expensive but quote peter griffen "FREAKIN SWEET"

EDIT: I don't know if you were talking to me or not..WHOOPS
    Last edited by Jeffros Spec V; 10-14-2004 at 06:36 PM.
    To finish first, you must first finish

lol family guy is amazing....haha

ive looked breifly at blitz guages, but im just gonna jimmy-wing the weeble wobble on this one (sorry i make up expressions every now and then) my decision was solely influenced by none other than Wrinkleboi. Here is his setup (and soon to be mine ) its quite amazing and definately "freakin sweet" lol here ya go..thanks wrinkleboi

and just for borrowing his pic, i have to credit him with a pic of his rex, bc it is also freakin sweet.

Here is my gauges I just installed last week. Omori boost and egt gauges with the autometer dash bezel. The gauges costed me 370. I did the install myself. I haven't done the egt senor install yet but the gaues are set and ready to go. Gonna take my manifold to a locate shop for them to drill and tap my manifold. They charging me 50 bucks to do that.

You can see more pics here www.whatdapho.net/omori.html
    04 WRX Java Black

Mods:
    Cobb Accessport (running stage 2 91 oct), GReddy EVO Catback, Helix Up/Down pipe, Samco IC hoses, Eibach springs, Rota SDRs wheels, Worx BOV, Kartboy Short Shifter, Kartboy bushings and Omori Boost and EGT gauges.

ok well today i had my GReddy EGT and boost in the dual bezel installed...couldnt be happier with it, and Precision Tuning NJ is awsome! highly recommend them for all your work!!!! will get pics soon!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.