Can I put 6 1/2's in the doors?

This is a discussion on Can I put 6 1/2's in the doors? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I assume they are 5 1/4's now. Do I have a big job on my hands? Any help would be ...

Can I put 6 1/2's in the doors?

I assume they are 5 1/4's now. Do I have a big job on my hands? Any help would be appreciated... We're talking an '05 WRX wagon here if it makes a difference.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Next time you have a question like this, try searching. I know I've answered this question at least a half dozen times....

To put a 6.5" speaker in the fronts you need a spacer ring. Either .5" or .75" thick, depedning on the mounting depth of the speaker you choose.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by MidKnight
    Next time you have a question like this, try searching. I know I've answered this question at least a half dozen times....

To put a 6.5" speaker in the fronts you need a spacer ring. Either .5" or .75" thick, depedning on the mounting depth of the speaker you choose.

Ditto. I've answered this at least 6 times within the last month. I have a whole thread on this issue. Read first, then PM or post any further questions. Don't feel discouraged, just make sure you do a thorough search before asking a question like this. I'll give you the benefit ot doubt as this is a 05, but in reality no diffferent on this topic from a 02-04.

Speaker thread
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by slonomo
    I assume they are 5 1/4's now. Do I have a big job on my hands? Any help would be appreciated... We're talking an '05 WRX wagon here if it makes a difference.
    I bought my spacers from this web site. The fitment is not perfect and the spacers were mismarked, but they work well. I have a deep set of 6.75 speakers in my front and they don't hit my door panel.

https://w109.webminders.com/iaperfor...ctionNumber=71
    Thanks,
    Ali

I did a search on this topic awhile back and was given Innovative Automotive performance's website. www.iaperformance.com

Great speaker spacers in complete packages for front/rear or separate if you want. Little pricey, but they are a good design. They have excellent service. Check their list on the same page the spacer are for fitment guide of various speakers.
    02 WRX - XS Power header/UP/TBE, XS Power FMIC, MBC@15psi, Ported TD04L, Perrin shortram, Alum Radiator - 13.35@101
    05 Mini Cooper S - Bone stock
    95 Mustang GT conv. (Work In Progress) - BBK LT headers & h-pipe, dumped Flowmasters, Kirban AFPR, BBK subframe braces, 6-point rollcage, FMS springs, 70/30 struts, 50/50 shocks, K&N intake