What is needed to hook up an autometer boost gauge?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on What is needed to hook up an autometer boost gauge? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I bought the gauge off ebay for a good deal knowing that i would need to find a Tee. i ...

What is needed to hook up an autometer boost gauge?

I bought the gauge off ebay for a good deal knowing that i would need to find a Tee.

i need to find a way to step up from the gauges 1/8 nylon hose to a standard vaccum hose that i can tee into the BOV line.

any ideas?

thanks
    -luke
    I just don't get this drifting thing, why would I spend money to put a car in the wall for a bunch of stupid 16 year olds with dreams of fast and Furious?

Grip or Die!

Blobeye Syndicate #17

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ok here is what i did.... i have an autometer CF gauge. go to the hardware store like home depot or lowes and build your own T connector. use this site to do it...http://www.mattrandolph.com/wrx/boost/

chile

Just go to autozone or ~ and buy a box of plastic T's, that way you have extra if needed.

THe best way to hook it up is to replace the nylon tubing with rubber. If you don't want to do that all you need is about 1' of 3/16 rubber tubing and two zipties. Slide the rubber tubing on the nylon tube till at least 6-8" are in the rubber tube. Then ziptie around the rubber tube at the end closest to the engine and the end of the nylon tube. Now take the gauge and screw the gauge into the rubber tube. It will hold quite nicely and will keep the nylon tube from bending.

What I did is that buy a " T " and the rubber/vaccum hose (match the same size as the BOV hose) from PepBoy. And throw the nylon hose to the lake, because that nylon hose is really a piece of sh*t!!

Simply just connect the rubber hose to the " T " connector and the apdator form the gauge, use ziptie to tie it! And you are ready to see the boost going up and down
    O5 Aspen White STI + AP stage II !!!
    02 Rally Blue WRX sold !!

STi EVO

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.