Need help with HKS TT

This is a discussion on Need help with HKS TT within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Got the turbo timer on Friday. Install went fine. I didn't hook up thr RPM wire yet, and that might ...

Need help with HKS TT

Got the turbo timer on Friday. Install went fine. I didn't hook up thr RPM wire yet, and that might be the source of my problem. Also, there are instructions of looping the grey wire from the Turbo Timer if you don't hook it up to your e-brake. Basically the turbo timer works for everything except keeping the engine running after I take out the key. Well, I should say it runs for literally 1 second before shutting off. even if i set the timer to 1:30. Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

anybody? I'm desperate here

I had the same problem. I had a problem with the Diode in the E-Brake wire (which allows electricity to only flow one way through the wire). I took mine out and worked fine and has for over a year now.
    Now: 04 WRB STi (stock)

I haven't hooked up the e-brake wire yet. I just looped it cause it said loop the grey wire if you don't hook it to the e-brake wire. Maybe i'm just confused. I'm just gonna suck it up and hook up the e-brake and rpm wires tonight. Hopefully that will solve the problem. Thanks for your input!

From what I remember you have to hook up the e-brake wire. otherwise the car will always assume the ebrake is down and will not keep the car running. It gets 12v from the ebrake that tells the timer the ebrake is up.

OK hooked up the e-brake wire and everything else. TT works fine, but now my auto-lock remote won't work during count-down. anyone else run into this problem?

That is because you are trying to arm the car with it running which it cannot do. Search around here under turbo timer and alarm and someone had pretty good instructions on how to make it work.

i have all the wires hooked up ( i think, the red splice thingies dont seem to splice very well) and the turbo timer turns off with the car, and the car justhesitates to shut off.

also, on the timer thing when it says 1.30 sec, is that 1.30 seconds or 1 minute and 30 seconds?
    My Mods w/ Pics

13.57 @ 100.9 mph

UCF Car Club

minute thirty.

ok thats what i thought. fixed the problem, the wires splicers HKS gave are crap, bought some new ones, works great. but now when i arm the alarm and walk away, my exhaust will make it go off sometimes. anyone know a way to desensitize the alarm, or maybe delay it a minute or so?
    My Mods w/ Pics

13.57 @ 100.9 mph

UCF Car Club