Electronic Boost Controller question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Electronic Boost Controller question within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Okay guys, this is a stupid question but keep in mind i'm fairly new to turbo tuning and electronic engine ...

Electronic Boost Controller question

Okay guys, this is a stupid question but keep in mind i'm fairly new to turbo tuning and electronic engine management... Is there such thing as an electronic boost controller that can double as a boost guage or do i have no choice but to buy a mechanical boost guage and use an EBC separate. thanx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bluspd
    Okay guys, this is a stupid question but keep in mind i'm fairly new to turbo tuning and electronic engine management... Is there such thing as an electronic boost controller that can double as a boost guage or do i have no choice but to buy a mechanical boost guage and use an EBC separate. thanx
    Is there such a thing as someone trying the SEARCH button before asking a question that has already been discussed?

HELP!!! GReddy Profec B-spec II Install.

TurboSmart E-Boost Controller -2 Day Sale!!

*THE* Profec B Spec 2 Guide

Quote Originally Posted by humara
    Is there such a thing as someone trying the SEARCH button before asking a question that has already been discussed?

HELP!!! GReddy Profec B-spec II Install.

TurboSmart E-Boost Controller -2 Day Sale!!

*THE* Profec B Spec 2 Guide

well thanks for helping him smartAss

All EBCs that I know of double as a boost gauge. Very accurate. I have a blitz SBC ID. Cool little gizmo.

Hg.
    '02 Plat. Wagon, Manual

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickSilver
    All EBCs that I know of double as a boost gauge. Very accurate. I have a blitz SBC ID. Cool little gizmo.

Hg.
    I also had the SBC-id on my WRX at one time. I was also running a Blitz DC turbo timer with a boost gauge at the same time. SBC-id was taking its boost source from the manifold and the DC TT was taking its boost source from the BOV. And they were within .02psi of each other through out the entire boost range. So the SBC-id was very accurate as a boost gauge.

thanx guys

You should really have someway of controlling fuel if you are going to mess with boost.
    2004 Silver WRX.
    TurboXS TBE with Prodrive Muffler - Godspeed Uppipe - UTEC - TUNA W/B - Steel Grey Rota Downshifts - VF35 - Pinks

Quote Originally Posted by dosage0
    You should really have someway of controlling fuel if you are going to mess with boost.
    Question: The stock ECU is mapped to handle boost up to, lets say 1 bar (Adjusting fuel and timing). It "reads" mainfold pressure from the MAP and how much air is going in from the MAF. I understand that an aftermarket controller could bring boost earlier, at lower load and or throttle positions, but I don't know if the ECU could handle this or not.
    I have boost and EGT gauges only so I have no idea on AFRs but the car runs just fine with an AVCR. No high EGTs, no audible detonation.
    I'm not saying that running a EBC alone is a good idea, of course a well mapped UTEC or Remap will gives you more and probbably safer power but keeping boost at modest levels with an EBC doesn't seems too bad. (WRX02).
    I like it!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickSilver

Hg.
    Not all, just most of the newer ones. My good ol Profec B I used to have had two knobs and a button. It was so user friendly it was scary. I have to say also, it worked very well
    Last edited by Trainrex; 10-29-2004 at 01:25 PM.

my Blitx DSCB has a boost guage too.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/attach...id=10176&stc=1

Apex'i AVC-R shows you boost as well. Either in "guage" format or a changing numerical value, depending on what you want. I have mine set to monitor RPM and boost (not that I ever look down at my coin tray to see what I'm boosting
    I'm TheBoostCreep, and I approved this message.

this thread's been a great help!
    07 WRX TR | 03 mazda6
    man a whole mess of nachos sounds good right now
    ***Hawk-Eye Alliance #95*** Kachow!!

are the boost gauge/boost controller units any good? and by boost gauge/boostcontroller unit i mean like the turbo smart unit or like the power boost controller (here) so units that fit in a gauge pod.
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

Quote Originally Posted by SPOOLIN1
    well thanks for helping him smartAss

didnt you know that 128 posts makes him the DEFINITIVE expert in all things clubwrx related?

ACD

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.