Installing Blinder-M20 Laser... Firewall?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Installing Blinder-M20 Laser... Firewall? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey, I just purchased a nice Blinder-M20 Laser Jammer to keep the cops away. I was going to have a ...

Installing Blinder-M20 Laser... Firewall?

Hey, I just purchased a nice Blinder-M20 Laser Jammer to keep the cops away. I was going to have a local shop install it so I could get the warrany but they wanted $150 bucks so yeah I'll be doing this one myself Everything is pretty straight forward on the install however I am looking for recommendations on firewall locations coming into the cabin on the drivers side? And any good recommendations for a 12V power supply that is activated when the car is turned on for the unit that is mounted in the cabin. Thanks for the help!

Staton
    Last edited by xaton; 10-08-2004 at 06:27 AM.
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

A friend of mine got the Blinder laser and radar jammer kit. It's funny though, once he installed it he has hardly seen any cops shooting radar or laser. Once you get it installed, let us know how it performs for you.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

Awesome, can do. I also purchased the Bel rx65 to replace my aging Bel 985. And that thing is a world of differance. And I also picked up the VEIL that you paint over your headlights and licenceplates. Thing is since I've put all of this on not scene one cop hehe. And lastly I picked up the licence plate blocker so they cant take pictures of your plates and its just sick. I took a few pics last night with the digital and it looks sweet. Now dont go thinking I'm a wheelman I just like the idea of being one step ahead of all police
    --
    Provehito In Altum

Also just curious. Did you notice where he mounted them? I am considering up by the subaru logo or down below under the lip....Thanks.
    --
    Provehito In Altum

I have the blinder laser jammer, no cops around to have it testet, but that is only good as I the penalty for having installed or unsing it where I live is 800US$ and the officer will press charges and I'll have a criminal record
    But better that then to get caught @ 140mph because then I will loose my license get a ticket ~1500US$ and face a 6mnd -> 1 year prison...

It should be mounted close to the license plate because thats where the cops will target their laser.. I used power from the cigaret lighter. Works ok, I have had a few false alarms over the last year mostly during winter (snow)..
    Silver -02 Impreza WRX

My friend installed it in his Trailblazer, and since the front end is huge, I think he put the sensors behind his front grille. He said that it saved his ass already. He was driving a long, and then the thing starts beeping like crazy and he said it was so loud he had to cover his ears. lol It has never falsed for him yet, so he knew to slow down, and after he slowed down, he still did not see a cop. The Blinder was still beeping and stuff, and then the cop was about 15 feet away when he finally saw him. He said the hiding spot was rediculously tricky.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

Here are some pictures of the install....Everything was very easy and you are right the buzzer puts off a noise that actually hurts your ears a little. But gets your attention no doubt I'm still roaming the streets trying to find a cop running laser so I can test it out so I'll keep you updated after the first encounter. I drove 200 miles this weekend hoping to find one cop on the interstate running laser but all I was hitting was Ka band.

Staton
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails laserfront.jpg  
    Last edited by xaton; 10-11-2004 at 10:18 AM.
    --
    Provehito In Altum

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails plateside.jpg  
    --
    Provehito In Altum

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails platetop.jpg  
    --
    Provehito In Altum

Now for a hands on review of this precious investment. Today I was pulling off base to head out to the pet store when I look over to my left and sure enough right off base there is a bike cop running laser radar but not in my direction. Although you have to love cops setting right off a military base writing tickets to the people who serve there country So I had to give my new toy a run for its money. Whip a U-Turn at the next light and let the RFL-TI do its work just so I knew I would get the cops attention. Approach his location at the speedlimit, and sure enough at about 1000 ft it had picked his gun up and was jamming his attempts to scan me. You are supposed to turn the jammer off so they can get an accurate reading but I was dying to see his expression as I passed. So I just cruised by and after I had passed and gave him a wave he looked at his gun, leaned it to the left and right and shook it a little. Then got on his bike and drove off!!! I think he actually thought his gun was broken or miscalibrated it was truly truly priceless. So hands on recommendation this is worth every penny and is worth it just to see how cops react when there thousand dollar state funded quota device doesnt work. 5 Stars!!

Staton
    --
    Provehito In Altum

Quote Originally Posted by xaton
    Now for a hands on review of this precious investment. Today I was pulling off base to head out to the pet store when I look over to my left and sure enough right off base there is a bike cop running laser radar but not in my direction. Although you have to love cops setting right off a military base writing tickets to the people who serve there country So I had to give my new toy a run for its money. Whip a U-Turn at the next light and let the RFL-TI do its work just so I knew I would get the cops attention. Approach his location at the speedlimit, and sure enough at about 1000 ft it had picked his gun up and was jamming his attempts to scan me. You are supposed to turn the jammer off so they can get an accurate reading but I was dying to see his expression as I passed. So I just cruised by and after I had passed and gave him a wave he looked at his gun, leaned it to the left and right and shook it a little. Then got on his bike and drove off!!! I think he actually thought his gun was broken or miscalibrated it was truly truly priceless. So hands on recommendation this is worth every penny and is worth it just to see how cops react when there thousand dollar state funded quota device doesnt work. 5 Stars!!

Staton
    haha thats funny, and not funny trying to pull military peeps over right off base.

Lol.. Nice review... Only sad thing where I live is that the laser jammer is illegal to own... I don't really care, but I'll get in trouble if they find it...
    Silver -02 Impreza WRX

Here is some pics of my install.. Alittle dark pictures, sorry about that... Getting early dark in Norway now

BTW funny about this thread.. I have now driven with my laser jammer for 1.5 year without having any use for it..
    Last night on my way to the shooting range I got another "false alarm" while driving past another car in the 30mph speedlimit.. I was traveling 45mph when the laser jammer alarmed.. I pull back into my lane and break down to 30-32mph... And 500meters later I pass 3 cops in uniform that all looks like my in a ugly way and one other cop "undercover" cop with the laser gun looks down at the gun and back on me when I pass them

So I guess the blinder works Normally I would have gotten a 700$ fine and if I got caught more than 4 times in 3 years I would loose my license..

Think I payed 600$ for my laser jammer so It's definatly worth it's money.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg  
    Silver -02 Impreza WRX

One more..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2.jpg  
    Silver -02 Impreza WRX

And inside pic. I got an oem switch from subaru and hooked it up to the laser jammer..
    It's the button to the left
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3.jpg  
    Silver -02 Impreza WRX

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.