Forester Flip Down lid + WRX + LCD

This is a discussion on Forester Flip Down lid + WRX + LCD within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Question. Would the Forester Flip down lid fit into a Boost gauge housing (for a WRX) (just the housing.. not ...

Question Forester Flip Down lid + WRX + LCD ?

Question.

Would the Forester Flip down lid fit into a Boost gauge housing (for a WRX)

(just the housing.. not with the gauges inside)

and futher more..

would a LCD Navigation / DVD / CD / mp3 player fit inside all that and still have the flip down lid perfectly cover it?

do you think its possible ? because I know that the LCD + boost gauge has been done before, the question is ... will the Flip down lid FIT and will it actually work as well to hide the LCD, which I dont really want showing... ack.. theives. Plus, it'd kinda give it an OEM look... make it look like it actually came with the car
    Last edited by amukaoen; 10-06-2004 at 03:35 PM.
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I doubt it.. I don't know the forrester flip down, but I bet it is a 1din size. And so are the pioneer.. I guess you can custom make something. Good idea anyway.. Where did you find the flip down?
    Silver -02 Impreza WRX

ive seen someone put a LCD flip up into a boost gauge housing before, so i know it can be done, so its obviously 1-din.

im pretty sure the forestesr lid will flip, the question is... will it close down completely with the screen in.... it seems possible..

http://www.allsubaru.com its 20 bucks on there, lots of oem parts for cheap
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.