audio suggestions
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on audio suggestions within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just got my '05 WRX sedan last week. Looking to upgrade. What would be some suggestions for component brands and ...

audio suggestions

Just got my '05 WRX sedan last week. Looking to upgrade.

What would be some suggestions for component brands and sizes,
    for someone who listens mostly to metal/hard rock. I'm looking
    for clarity. And I don't wanna spend more that a grand.

thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

how much are you willing to spend, dude?

jl
    ------------------------------------------
    -Sportwagon '02

woops...

missed the grand part!

Good!

keep in mind... you need to know wheter you want amplified speakers or run off of HU (I don't recommend), aftermarket HU (head unit) or use factory, how much space you want to give up in the trunk... If you decide on Subwoofers and amplified speakers, you are going to need to run 4 gauge wiring to the trunk (could get away with 8 gauge, I guess, depending on wattage of amplifiers, etc.) plus you'll need a distribution block (unless you go with a 5 channel amp, maybe)... I guess what I'm trying to get at is there is a ton of variables that need to be decided by you!
    -Sportwagon '02

plan on....

spending at least a hundred on wiring and terminals and other needed acessories if you are going to wire up amps! Less if you use the factory speaker wiring (another no no in my book, but saves $ and a TON of labor hours... I still remember how hard it was getting the speaker wires through the rubber grommet connections in the doors!)

HU... if you get one... you can get a decent MP3 player for 200ish

(MP3 single disc in dash has probably twice the capacity, in hours of play as your six disc changer... plus it will be easier to hook up amps with the pre-amp outputs found on mostly all aftermarket HUs)

300ish total...

spending now comes down to amps, sub, and speakers

Heres what you should remember:

upgraded speakers are going to make a night and day difference over the stock paper speakers, but since you like rock and metal... I'd go a little more than bottom of the barrell here! This is where the majority of "your music" is going to be heard... Do the speakers justice... with a nice 4-channel amp... and speaker wire (not factory)... you can always add bass later... and you'll have the wiring almost set up for adding a second amp if you run quality power and grounding wires!

Whoah... speaking of wiring... RCA's are expensive! Well good ones are, and they are what carry the sound signal to your amps! add at least fifty-eighty for four channel RCAs and an even hundred for quality RCAs for four speakers and a Sub!

Dynamat... adds character and quality to your sound... don't worry too much about it, although if you don't add a sub to your car right away... dynamat will enhance the bass coming from your speakers!
    -Sportwagon '02

whaddya think...?

are the best sounding component and or 3-ways under $200 a pair.

4" rear and 6 1/2's front.

thinking about:
    http://www.crutchfield.com/S-r2Ru7i39xVu/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=10&g=400&I=108425I&o=p&a=1&cc=0 1&avf=Y&search=

head unit: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-r2Ru7i39xVu/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=3&g=62700&I=133C5410&o=m&a=0&cc =01&avf=N&search=

Looking for a single 10" sub too.

those links didn't work...

I did notice it was crutchfield, though....

Listen, crutchfield is a great site and they are a great dealer, but I'd consider purchasing from another online retailer, you'll save a ton of money! Research things on Crutchfield's site... possibly buy the wiring harness from them, but I would stay away from large purchases there! my 2cents

6.5's fit in the front and rear (in my wagon at least) but you'll need 1 or 1.5" spacer rings for the front doors! Also, with separates, you'll have a factory tweeter mounting spot in the front doors, but you'll have to cut a hole in the door for the rear doors, I did with no problems, but you might not want to, I don't know!
    -Sportwagon '02

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Check out my post, click here , and call me/pm me. Even if you milk me for info like so many others , I'll still be glad to help any fellow Subaru owner.

Claudiu Ene
    Sales Manager "Sound Waves"
    (818) 787-7166
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.