Turbo Timer Installed - Airbag Light!!!

This is a discussion on Turbo Timer Installed - Airbag Light!!! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Today, I installed my Blitz TT with the harness. Everything now works fine, I can use my remote to lock ...

Turbo Timer Installed - Airbag Light!!!

Today, I installed my Blitz TT with the harness. Everything now works fine, I can use my remote to lock the doors with the timer counting down, and if i release the ebrake the car shuts off. However now I have noticed that my Airbag light is on and will not go off. I disconnected my negative battery and pumped my break hoping that would reset it and fix it. No dice. I then hooked up my accessport to look for CEL codes and none are found. So basically I'm stuck now and dont have a clue what it can be but its scaring the crap out of me. I dont want my airbag flying out in my face!!

Here are a few things we did wrong that could be leading to the problem but I doubt it. First the guide called to cut the gray wire under the center councel we did that. although it was the wrong gray wire cause it had 4 wires inside of it. So I took some wire and reattached all of them. We then cut the yellow plastic away found the gray wire inside of it and cut the gray wire inside it. Is this the wrong gray wire?? Are you not supposed to cut away the yellow plastic?

Next it called to cut the Dark green / Black line. Well we just popped out the really really dark green / black line. However the remote would not work. So I looked and found another Dark Green / Black line so we popped the wrong one back in and cut the write one and now the remote works.
    I choose to ground the unit to a bolt directly above the pedals only its a little forward of them and it looked like it was holding a few connectors in place. I guess it was a good ground cause the unit works just fine. Could this be my problem I choose to ground it on a bad spot???

However at this time I do not know what I have jacked up and am pretty worried. All advice is welcome. Please help!

Staton
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Seems like you cut too many wires you shouldn't have. You will need to go back through them and make sure they are properly attached and that they are making a good electrical connection.

Also, by following my thread, it may help you find your problems and resolve them. Good luck:

Blitz Dual TT DC purple wire?

Yep sounds like you cut some Airbag wires. Unfortunately I'd not take the risk with the airbags. I would bite the bullit and take it to the dealer and have them replace the wires.

my $0.02

Just got her fixed up. Just soldered the wires back and used some shrink wrap, and put some yellow tape back over her. Looks good as new and the lights is off!! Yeah!!!
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum