how do i read my Stock boost gauge?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on how do i read my Stock boost gauge? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i just got my 02 subaru wrx a few days ago, and dont really understand my factory boost gauge? cant ...

Red face how do i read my Stock boost gauge?

i just got my 02 subaru wrx a few days ago, and dont really understand my factory boost gauge? cant someone help?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the stock unit is in MPa or something i beleive. its easiest to understand in PSI there is some conversion threads somewhere in this forum.

divide your boost gauge reading by .0068 and you'll get your reading in PSI. this is about 95% accurate. your stock boost should be at or near .09, and my UTEC is set exactly between .1 and .11

Hope this helps. It helped me alot.

Boost conversion:

.05=7.25
    .06=8.70
    .07=10.15
    .08=11.60
    .09=13.05
    .1=14.50

.01=1.45psi

jd
    "It only takes a moment to change your attitude, & at that moment it will change your life."

also...here's a helpful website for conversions.

www.convert-me.com
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

or just multiply the number in MPa by 147.

p.s. .1 MPa is 14.7 psi. stock is .09. cobb ap stage 1 is around .1

not the best gauge, but you'll get used to it
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

ok i bet with the question I sound like a newbe but related question. how accurate is the stock gauge? I find the when my boost controler compared to stock seems to be a bit off. now the boost gauge is at the bov like mfg. now the boost controler is at the fuel rail. I get simular readings but whats more accurate?
    2002 wagon 83k miles
    perrin short ram, inlet & fmic, perrin / samco hoses and fuel rails, bosal dp. erz upp, borla catback, sti ra gears w/ stock 5th, act clutch & fly, vf30, AP, perrin end links, critical cooling kit, hks bov, perrin 4pot brakes, rota wheels, hid w/ levals

Racenut3.0 - said
    "The worst thing about the AP is it did not come with any fairy dust. I wanna fly dammit!"

Quote Originally Posted by hybrid gti 2
    ok i bet with the question I sound like a newbe but related question. how accurate is the stock gauge? I find the when my boost controler compared to stock seems to be a bit off. now the boost gauge is at the bov like mfg. now the boost controler is at the fuel rail. I get simular readings but whats more accurate?
    My guess is that the GReddy EBC is more accurate just because I think the stock guage sucks.

Between the two which one reads the highest??

On my stock guage mine reads a hair under .09 during WOT without any boost control or eng. mgt.
    but when the car is off it reads a hair under the 0 line so I think I'm getting the full 13.5 stock boost.

jd
    "It only takes a moment to change your attitude, & at that moment it will change your life."

ok that what i have gone by but was not sure.
    2002 wagon 83k miles
    perrin short ram, inlet & fmic, perrin / samco hoses and fuel rails, bosal dp. erz upp, borla catback, sti ra gears w/ stock 5th, act clutch & fly, vf30, AP, perrin end links, critical cooling kit, hks bov, perrin 4pot brakes, rota wheels, hid w/ levals

Racenut3.0 - said
    "The worst thing about the AP is it did not come with any fairy dust. I wanna fly dammit!"

Hi,

I was wondering what the stock boost gauge reads at idle on your cars so I can compare it to mine.

Thanks in advance

hehe just go get a new guage from e-bay. i think 100 bucks shipped for a greddy one.

oops turbo timer = guage? sorry i dunno

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    My guess is that the GReddy EBC is more accurate just because I think the stock guage sucks.

Between the two which one reads the highest??

On my stock guage mine reads a hair under .09 during WOT without any boost control or eng. mgt.
    but when the car is off it reads a hair under the 0 line so I think I'm getting the full 13.5 stock boost.

jd
    I thought stock we got in the low to mid 14's for boost. I got my greddy boost gauge installed with a up/dp last winter and I would be consistently at 1 bar and on really cold days hit a little over 1.1 bar.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

Quote Originally Posted by zapman
    I thought stock we got in the low to mid 14's for boost. I got my greddy boost gauge installed with a up/dp last winter and I would be consistently at 1 bar and on really cold days hit a little over 1.1 bar.
    13.5 for WRX

14.5 for WRX STi

turbo timer is same as a guage right? just digital vs non digital or m i wrong?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast