Trunk release HELP!!!

This is a discussion on Trunk release HELP!!! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; when i got my car back from teh dealership my trunk release stopped working now i have to walk to ...

Trunk release HELP!!!

when i got my car back from teh dealership my trunk release stopped working now i have to walk to my trunk and use my keys. I was wondering if anybody knows how to fix this so i dont have to leave my car with the dealership for 2 weeks. Sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

There is a little switch on the lock itself which you can set so that you have to use the keys. I say open the trunk with the keys, look at lock, flip the switch. If that doesn't work, I don't know.

If its not the switch, you could try giving it a shot of white lithium grease. That worked for me when the mechanism got sticky.
    06 S40 T5 AWD
    Previous: 2004 WRX
    05 CBR600F4i

This happened to me too when I first got my car, the dealer fixed it with no ?'s asked.
    -2006 WRX Wagon-

the switch isnt the problem ive tried switching it it just doesnt connect i had my friend pull the release lever and it moves the thing back by the trunk just fine just doesnt release for some reason so it doesnt need grease either. any ideas??

well thats what the switch does, it just doesn't let the two metal pieces make contact
    (ii'm just clarifying) try the lithium grease thing someone mentioned otherwise take it to the dealer

Quote Originally Posted by thetikler1
    take it to the dealer
    end of thread
    -2006 WRX Wagon-