side mirrors?

This is a discussion on side mirrors? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I spliced into my side mirror controls for power in the center dash to hook up a switch for my ...

side mirrors?

I spliced into my side mirror controls for power in the center dash to hook up a switch for my mbc, it worked for a while then stopped working. i tried reconnecting it and now my side mirrors wont work or move, the side mirror switch does not move the mirrors. the power wire going into the mirror switch isnt even live (because my switch doesnt work when spliced into it). i think i may have shorted something? anyone know what i should replace or what i should do that might get the mirrors controllable again? maybe something with the fuse box??lol newb.. thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by KuMa15
    I spliced into my side mirror controls for power in the center dash to hook up a switch for my mbc, it worked for a while then stopped working. i tried reconnecting it and now my side mirrors wont work or move, the side mirror switch does not move the mirrors. the power wire going into the mirror switch isnt even live (because my switch doesnt work when spliced into it). i think i may have shorted something? anyone know what i should replace or what i should do that might get the mirrors controllable again? maybe something with the fuse box??lol newb.. thanks!
    Have you checked all fuses?

newb, what do i check for

Quote Originally Posted by KuMa15
    newb, what do i check for
    Take off the cover of the interior fuse box located under the chang eholder thingie. On the cover it will list what the fuses are for. Check for something saying acc maybe. If you want to be sure just check all the fuses down there one at a time. There is a fuse puller under in the main fuse box in the engine bay.

thanks for the reply...check them for what? how do i know if somethings wrong with them..

lol i know this so simple i feel so dumb

it was a blown fuse..fixed it thanks!