Well, I finally got around to taking photos of my install.
its a cyberdyne boost gauge. reads from -23psi to +23psi. figured i wouldn't be going over 20psi. anyway, i didn't want to install a stock looking gauge in the stock location. also, i'm into the knight rider esque red led. i know, i know, i'm old school. when i say old school, i mean old.
anyway, i figured the gauge would be easy to take apart and mount in an inconspicuous location. plenty of room next to the clock, so dremeled out enough room for the display to show through, and covered it with a nice piece of dark tinted plexi. its almost impossible to see from outside the car when its off. i also wired in a simple radio shack switch to turn it off when i dont need to see the red lights moving. anyway, the cyberydyne gauge is ok, it reponds quickly and seems accurate. it matches the readings from my accessport. my biggest complaint is that negative pressures is displayed in solid, and positive pressure is indicated by it blinking.
some install notes:, i ended up having to ditch the seconds button from the clock. also had to make an incision into the clock to get the display centered. the circuit board was a little too wide. not that big of a deal, since you never see that part of the clock, and i wont ever set the seconds anyway.
the red led from the gauge is brighter than the clock. i may special order the green gauge to get a better match. or i may switch and use the speedshop gauges since i plan on adding a digital pyrometer on the passenger side of the clock.