alternative boost taps
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on alternative boost taps within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i have been doing a lot of searching here and on the 2 other big sites and i read a ...

alternative boost taps

i have been doing a lot of searching here and on the 2 other big sites and i read a lot of people are tapping their BOV boost line for their boost gauges. i assume this is the easiest line to tap, but aren't there other lines to tap as well? also, if anyone has any install tips for the defi bf boost, egt, and oil pressure i would appreciate it. thanks...

_\m/
    \m/etal

"Odin's birds like wolves in battle - they spread their black wings - like swords like oars - in the waters of Njord"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleBee
    i have been doing a lot of searching here and on the 2 other big sites and i read a lot of people are tapping their BOV boost line for their boost gauges. i assume this is the easiest line to tap, but aren't there other lines to tap as well? also, if anyone has any install tips for the defi bf boost, egt, and oil pressure i would appreciate it. thanks...

_\m/
    Tap into the manifold vacuum line that's on the front of the manifold. That is where I tapped in for my SBC-id when I also had my Blitz turbo timer tapped into my BOV.

thanks man. i do not currently have anything tapped into my BOV boost line, but i feel uncomfortable tapping into it - almost like it would be leeching boost from the BOV. maybe im just paranoid, but i feel like i have read something about that somewhere. oh well. anyways, would you mind explaining to me where exactly the boost line is. i was shipped to the bay area six weeks ago for work and thus cannot go outside and actually look under my car. i am trying to muster up as much intelligence as i can, so that when i get home, i can just bang out the install either way, thanks for the help...

_\m/
    \m/etal

"Odin's birds like wolves in battle - they spread their black wings - like swords like oars - in the waters of Njord"

Zem
    It's a little round thingy, about 1.5 in across (I'm guessing here).. maybe 3/4 inch tall? It's on the passenger side on the front of the manifold. It's sticking off a short bit of hose.
    Let justice be done though the heavens should fall.
    -John Adams

the bov line is the easiest just make sure you use cable ties around the splice good luck

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.