Boost gauge in Air vent
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Boost gauge in Air vent within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just got an autometer boost gauge for my 02 wrx and was interested in mounting it in the driver ...

Boost gauge in Air vent

I just got an autometer boost gauge for my 02 wrx and was interested in mounting it in the driver side circular air vent. It should fit perfectly. My question is if anyone has ever done this and if they can give me some advice. I assume I'll have to plug up the air vent, and I want to know how serious a project i'm getting into.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

boost gauge in vent

Hey.......first of all its gotta be a 60mm gauge if u want it to look right.Ive done this to a couple WRXs.I got this idea about 2 1/2 years ago.Kinda surprised me when i seen it on that wrx in the magazine.Anyways if u want some info how to put it in there just sent me ur email addy.Ill be gladly to help u.......

later-GreddyWRX

any info would help

It's not too hard. I just did it with a 52mm gauge. When you dremel out the face of the vent go only as far as the ring inside the vent. Then slowly start making it bigger so that the gauge fits in, but is still a snug fit. The hardest part is getting the vent out. Once that is done, the next hardest part is getting it back in.

Here are some pictures of my gauges.

Nick
    Check out my 2002 WRB WRX here

bumping an old thread, do we have any moe examples/pics on how to do DIY this mod?

so, I did this myself.

what i did was take the vent out completely and fabbed a 3" round w/52mm hole panel, painted it flat black and glued onto the back of the trim ring then just installed the trim ring back in place. Looks like it was meant to be there! oh I also balled up a piec of faom and jammed it inside the ducting so more air gets flowed to the other vents and not behind my dash

I'll post pics later.

Hey i wanted to do this today. Does anybody have pics of this done??
    My money pit

Why you guys would want to permanently sacrifice a valuable dispenser of sacred A/C for a guage that can be mounted anywhere else is beyond me... but hey if you like it, guess its all good.

Quote Originally Posted by flabele View Post
    Hey i wanted to do this today. Does anybody have pics of this done??
    Here's some pics from my old 03 rex. I liked how clean the look was and how the gauge matched the bezel.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131115_135351.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	123610

Quote Originally Posted by Lithoss View Post
    Why you guys would want to permanently sacrifice a valuable dispenser of sacred A/C for a guage that can be mounted anywhere else is beyond me... but hey if you like it, guess its all good.
    It wasn't much of a sacrifice for me, my car stayed at the right temps without that vent, I still had the other vent on the center console if I really need the air to be hitting me in the face. Plus you can always put it back when it's time to sell or trade out.

I Support ClubWRX
    Its been just a few years since the last post on this thread hopefully they got it done.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Way to bump a 6yr old thread....
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.